The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Job role –This role will be Field Based
Zonal expects our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.
You will project manage key new and existing customer projects, ensuring all customers, team and stakeholders are effectively supported and kept regularly informed of progress through the production of detailed project plans, supportive documentation and project guidance using a range of communication methods.
You will be an experienced project manager, with responsibilities for running multiple projects previously.
This role will be field based covering the UK.
Day to day role responsibilities
Project Manage agreed multiple internal and external projects
Act as key/main point of contact for Senior Stakeholders on projects within your area of responsibility.
Provide project plans and PIDs for all projects ensuring project change controls are established and adhered to.
Ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are proposed for projects and any sub-projects.
Deliver strong stakeholder management through the creation and maintenance of positive stakeholder relationships, ensuring expectations and agreed objectives are met.
- Working across teams to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Being a champion of the customer, understanding their project objectives and constantly working to allow Zonal to exceed customer expectations.
- Drive collaboration to set a path for the successful delivery projects.
- Ensure benefits and objectives are fully identified within the business case and that these are fully met from the implementation of the change.
- Update the relevant parties on progress to date within project phase, highlighting any deviance to plan and detailing any risk and issues with delivery with appropriate mitigations
- Provide weekly/ad hoc reports and briefings on the status of all live and forecasted customer projects to all relevant parties including updating the company RAG Report.
- Ensure projects are formally closed and subsequently reviewed, with lessons learned captured and appropriate action taken.
- Lead the handover process to ensure all required details and documentation is collated and understood prior to customer implementation and distributed to relevant parties.
Assess and specify customer development requirements to ensure an informed, controlled and effective method of escalation for development.
Maintain effective financial and project progress, ensuring frequent revenue and cost tracking of customer requirements, with regular analysis and reporting as appropriate.
Ensure that project resource plans are up to date and meet project needs, with tasks assigned appropriately to project personnel.
- Organise and chair project meetings and project reviews for assigned projects.
- Proactively identify and manage all revenue generating opportunities, involving relevant parties.
- Organise and hold post client reviews ensuring all client requirements have been met, with effective feedback to all stakeholders and effective handover to relevant parties.
- Identify process and business improvement opportunities and where possible lead and implement initiatives to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Establish, build and maintain strong working relationships with all Zonal departments, customers and third parties, ensuring management of projects meets customer expectations.
Any other reasonable request as directed by the Director of Projects and Services
Who you are
- Strong experience within the technology sector
- Proven experience of Project Management or Prince2.
- Proven experience of process mapping, process or business improvement.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Experience of producing accurate and clear project documentation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of multi-tasking.
- Demonstrates a positive and confident approach to supporting business change.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Zonal Aztec product knowledge.
- Prince2 Qualification.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves