The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
You will be working in the iOrder team, who look after the engine that drives the integrations, apps, and websites used to order & pay at tables by many hospitality venues across the UK. You will help to modernise the hospitality industry by working on the latest features and improvements for these applications. You will feel a sense of pride when you see the work you do having a direct positive impact in this industry.
Your day will be split between preparing tests for upcoming development, peer reviews, work estimation, execution, and involvement in continuous improvement.
Working within an agile delivery team, you will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects. You will participate in the product design, technical design, development, and maintenance of our environments. You will ensure quality by driving test automation and exploration, performing reviews, and influencing behaviour-driven design.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Adding acceptance tests to our existing Test Automation framework
- Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
- Partake in review sessions including code reviews and three amigos
- Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
- Effectively logging, monitoring and retesting all defects found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Having a positive impact on the quality of our products
- Build up our test coverage as our CI/CD pipeline scales to support our ever-growing product integrations
- Help ensure your vertical’s releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
Who you are
You will enjoy a fast-paced development environment where the next test execution phase is only around the corner. You will care about continuous improvement and modernising our test approaches. Automation is important to you and you will want to ensure quality through the best tools and coverage. You will have extensive experience in software testing and are able to switch from preparation, design, manual, exploratory, and automated testing on any given day.
- Extensive test experience on both Web and Mobile platforms
- Experience of creating automated test suites, adding tests and maintaining these tests
- Database proficiency (SQL Server) or other RDBS
- Agile (SDLC) experience
- Experience using MsTest, Nunit or similar test framework
- Suggesting and driving improvements within our QA processes.
- Understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceed expectations where possible. You are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal, suggesting better solutions diplomatically to achieve it.
- You are confident in your ability as a Senior Tester and can work independently without continuous instruction
- Excellent problem-solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Organisational skills to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Flexible/agile in test efforts across multiple work streams whilst reporting efficiently
- Ability to be commercially and organisationally focused on the overall business and issues facing company
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate
You will have an interest in and may be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Strong experience with a programming language, preferably C#
- Automation experience with Selenium or equivalent tool
- BDD and TDD
- Automation experience with Specflow
- Performance / Load testing
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.