Product Owner – Supply Chain
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons, All Bar One and Greene King.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for a dynamic Product Owner who shares our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
Your team could be working on anything from mobile and web applications for customer ordering to the next generation of payment technologies. Their expertise will be focussed on delivering end-to-end, fully integrated supply chain and communication solution. These will revolve around two key themes; ensuring the consumer has the best possible experience and enabling our customers to deliver operational efficiency.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
The team you will be working with will be cross functional, potentially comprising of developers and test engineers. You will be expected to be a core member of the team as well as supporting the Delivery Manager and managing Stakeholders.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team remain aligned with the overall strategy and striking the right balance between feature and non-feature demands.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for enabling the commercial success of your product or products, which includes both the operations of the product (uptime, performance and user experience) and the successful delivery of the product roadmap (features).
- You will elicit and prioritise work targeted at both the feature development, go to market efficiencies, and operational stability of the product.
- You will have a strong understanding of the production usage of your product/products; ensuring pro-active steps are taken to stay one step ahead of customer demand; where customers may be internal or external. You will keep a strategic view of the demands on, and limitations to, the products and use this to constantly improve the product.
- Enable your Product Delivery Team to continually deliver products, or projects, using the appropriate agile project management methodology
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic pre-iteration and planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done whilst considering the capacity and capability of the team working closely with your Delivery Team Manager.
- It will be your role to engage with Stakeholders and customers to understand the overall demands on the product and create, own and help the team deliver value adding roadmaps.
- You will enable and foster a culture of innovation and professionalism within the team where there is clear ownership and accountability, and where individuals take pride in their deliverables and creating a positive customer impact.
- Actively participating in the Product Owner community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Work with the wider Product Function to help define the roadmap for any given product ensuring that delivery timescales are achievable, realistic and commercially viable.
- Ensure that the documentation and outputs required to support the product release, operation and usage is provided as required.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will be someone with the capability to develop a deep level of product and market expertise with the communication, coordination and influencing skills to align and lead cross-functional teams. You will become the go to person to help understand what should be done, and a natural affinity with the customer.
You will be obsessed by meeting the needs of users and customers while constantly looking for opportunities to innovate and create product differentiation. You will have a pragmatic and commercial approach with a view to creating products that deliver maximum value for our customers.
You are a highly motivated and driven individual who likes to lead from the front and has the ability to bring others with you. You will have a passion for great user experiences and a strong eye for great UI design. You will be comfortable working closely with both sales and engineering teams and have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Must have requirements:-
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in Product Ownership/ Manager role or Senior BA Role
- Haveworked with a SaaS product (web client/ with back-end platform)
- Haveenterprise software experience (software sold to multiple, large clients)
- Experience of writing user stories/ acceptance criteria
- A strong communicator to both team members and senior stakeholders
- A passion for Supply Chain and Hospitality solutions
- A strong interest in technology
- Understanding of agile
- Project management experience
- Used some of our products (or competitor products) as a customer
Your experience includes managing difficult stakeholders and being adept at getting group consensus on the right way forward whilst being able to say no.
You will be motivated by getting things done, and getting them done in the right way, first time; you are laser focussed on achieving the best outcome for the Product and Customer. You can demonstrate how you develop others in your team to act with the same professionalism, accountability and focus you do.
- Having a senior role in the organisation your will be expected to be aware of the business, operational and commercial pressures relevant to your Product and will pragmatically balance prioritisation against those pressures – you realise that we don’t operate in a perfect world and it will be necessary for you to make difficult decisions.
- You will have experience of rapid business changes and be able to keep your team motivated, energised and on track through these periods.
- Using your communication skills, you will keep key stakeholders aware of progress against plans and help mitigate risks. You will understand that the identification of risks and issues is not enough – when escalating you will provide recommendations and solutions.
- As a leader you will be able to demonstrate your ability to motivate individuals and increase team performance.
- You can demonstrate your ability to make decisions based on balancing an understanding of the best interest of the product and the best interest of the business – equally you will know when to escalate.
- Ability to work closely with other key functions which may include Product Delivery, Support teams, Project Managers and Execs.
- Have a proven track record of successful delivery through agile development teams and a clear understanding of Agile principles and techniques
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessedare the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, our Midlands base in Stafford, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.