People Partner – Customers (Sales, Marketing & Account Management)
The Zonal group are the UK’s largest technology provider to the hospitality industry, employing over 520 people and with annual revenues of over £62M. The group has grown its turnover 500% through organic growth and acquisition over the past 8 years and has an exciting and realistic growth expectation for the future. Our products are currently used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the country. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, Mitchells and Butler and JD Wetherspoon .
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include:
- Mobile and web apps for ordering and digital menu management
- Long sales cycle, complex EPoS/ERP solutions for multiple site operators
- SaaS solutions for B2C consumer engagement e.g. loyalty, gift cards, vouchers, campaign management, SCV, Digital payment or reservations
- Short sales cycle / telesales channel for Hotel Property Management
By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS system we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking to appoint an experienced HR/People Business Partner to enhance our ability to support the business as we implement our three year growth strategy to make Zonal the world’s best hospitality solutions provider.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced People Business Partner who will own the People strategy for our Sales, Marketing and Account Services teams, whilst providing support to the Chief of Staff. Your role will be acting as a strategic partner to advise and consult with senior business leaders across our strategic People pillars of Attract, Develop, Motivate, Engage and Retain. You will be comfortable in thinking strategically whilst acting on an operational level, ensuring feedback is effectively channelled and the best ways of working are developed and enhanced.
Whilst you will be part of the leadership team within your area, you will also be part of the wider People Collective across Zonal. You will regularly meet with other People Business Partners and the Head of People & Talent to ensure shared learnings and that we continue to raise the bar for our employee experience. You will be empowered to work autonomously and with accountability in interpreting the People strategy and making it relevant for your organisation in order to achieve the best outcomes.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for defining what a best-in-class Employee Value Proposition looks like for your area across our five strategic People pillars, ensuring that clear counsel is provided in order to make good People decisions quickly.
The successful candidate will be an experienced HR / People Business Partner with a working knowledge of employment law. You will have a passion to deliver a world class Employee Value Proposition with inclusion being central to your thought process at all times. You will enjoy building relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business and be comfortable in advising senior executives in difficult situations. You can prioritise effectively and understand the competing requirements of the company and your area, finding the best path to ensure solutions are found to complex organisational problems. Finally, you should be comfortable in analysing data to make decisions and have experience in employee relations, succession planning and talent development.
- Work as a strategic partner to the Sales, Marketing and Account Services team leaders, advising and pro-actively anticipating their People requirements within the context of our strategic pillars of Attract, Develop, Motivate, Engage and Retain
- Attract: Ensure effective succession planning, managing job roles and responsibilities for your area and working with our internal recruitment function to maximise recruitment efficiency
- Develop: Drive the development agenda for your area, empowering and upskilling managers and identifying development needs within your area. Manage career progression and drive performance reviews ensuring alignment with the central People Development Process as we build our leaders of the future
- Engage: Drive the engagement initiatives for your area, making sure that action plans are in place to cement positive change and ensuring that the wider People Collective benefits from shared positive change through strong communication
- Motivate: Work with the team leaders and the Chief of Staff to ensure effective motivational tools are in place across your area, fostering a culture of positive employee relations whilst providing innovative solutions to rewards and benefits questions and identifying opportunities to share knowledge across the wider People Collective
- Retain: Drive the creation of a working environment that maximises retention for your area, linking performance to rewards to ensure we are delivering a meritocratic organisation whilst identifying our ‘stars’ and nurturing our future leaders
- Take ownership and accountability for People compliance and governance within your area, escalating complex situations to the wider People Collective
- Help your area develop strong diversity and inclusion practices
- Ensure effective communication at all times with the variety of stakeholders that you will interact with on a daily basis
- Manage and resolve basic employee relations issues, escalating to the wider People function when required
- Work collaboratively with the central People function ensuring that we provide a joined up People service across the organisation
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsession are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product. Our biggest clients include Greene King, Mitchells & Butlers, JD Wetherspoon and the Stonegate Group.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. Headquartered in Edinburgh, Zonal operates across five other UK locations; Abingdon, Livingston, Horley, Stafford and Cardiff. We also operate in the US with offices in Florida, Georgia and New Jersey.
Location: Edinburgh with Flexibility to WFH when required (travel will be required)
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience