The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
Maintain Zonal products at sites around the UK and abroad according to Company standards of customer service, Service Level Agreements, and Health and Safety requirements.
The Technical Service Department consists of the Technical Support, Technical Consultancy, Repair Centre, Production, Warehouse and Service Engineer teams (reporting ultimately to the Operations Director).
Support is provided based upon the SLAs in place with the customers. These are monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the customer at regular intervals.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Daily liaison with the Engineering Scheduler. Close calls with the Engineering Scheduler as soon as these are completed.
- Provide the Engineering Scheduler with regular updates on progress, details of any other relevant issues, or further action to be taken.
- Diagnose and/or repair faults on site or remove to workshop for more thorough repair.
- Carry out programme upgrades on site.
- Carry out Data copies if required to preserve critical data.
- Liaise with the R&D department during product trials: report any problems that occur during installation, usage or removal to ensure which require further attention.
- Full and detailed completion of all appropriate paperwork.
- Present a positive Company image.
- Provide a timely, polite and efficient service.
- Provide on-call cover on evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle
- Monitoring and reporting on the production usage of the product to help identify areas of weakness/risk
- Championing expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all stages of the development lifecycle
Who you are
- You will live within a 10 mile radius of either Reading or Guildford
- Minimum 18 months experience in a field based customer service engineering role, ideally in the hospitality/leisure industry.
- Background knowledge in computer hardware (pc’s, IP networks and WIFI)
- The ability to provide 5 years of continuous past work history and satisfactory references to enable the candidate to obtain an airport pass successfully.
- Clean driving licence is essential.
- PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met. Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions. Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- EPoS background
- Experience of maintaining and installing EPoS equipment
- 3 years or more experience in a field based customer service engineering role, ideally within the hospitality/leisure industry
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.