Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
This role sits within Managed Services which is part of the wider Technical Services business unit. Our suite of SaaS, distributed systems and product integrations help our customers run their businesses, providing their customers with industry leading hospitality technology products.
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll combine your engineering expertise in design, integration, tooling, and ongoing maintenance to help build and run the systems behind our industry leading solutions.
You will be tasked with ensuring our internal and externally available systems are highly available, secure with performance appropriate to customer’s needs.
The makeup of our systems is changing rapidly, and you’ll play a key part in helping us drive this forward. We’re moving to a hybrid cloud landscape using the right technologies for the best outcomes.
You and your team will:
- Build strong, collaborative relationships acting as the glue between in-house development, networks, DBA and Devops teams
- Design, implement and maintain robust, self-healing, and highly available platforms
- Continually improve processes, response and recovery times through logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Perform capacity analytics and demand management
- Automate, tool and document wherever possible
- Own Disaster Recovery and data protection frameworks
- Bring expertise and a streetwise perspective to problem solving, reduction of complexity and reliability patterns
- Participate in On-Call cover and Incident Response
- Play a key role in change management and the delivery pipeline into production ensuring security and stability
Who you are
You will have a background delivering and operating Windows Server or Linux based systems having spent at least some of your career as a member of multi-disciplined engineering team.
Key skills we would like you to have:-
- Delivery of core infrastructure services within a VMWare or Azure environment
- Solid experience in scripting, tooling, automation, and system management technologies, IaC frameworks desirable
- Experienced in complex provisioning and deployment scenarios
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and cloud technologies
- Comfortable in networking concepts and protocols, TCP/IP, firewalls, DNS, VPNs
- Good understanding of storage, disaster recovery and data protection functional areas
- A self-starter with a passion for technology and problem solving, with excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies
- A champion of consistency, security, and monitoring
- A strong collaborator, organised, with a safe pair of hands
- A team player that enjoys influencing change and continual improvement
- Comfortable communicating to mixed audiences
- Critical thinking, a delivery-oriented attitude, with attention to detail
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We are looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.