Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
Oversee booking of travel, accommodation and related services for all employees. Manage purchase, maintenance and return of company cars/vehicles. Manage front of house and maintain the smooth operation of head office.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Oversee the making of travel arrangements for domestic and international travel for the company as a whole, arrange accommodation, car hire etc.
- Find the most cost effective options for the above.
- Manage the company car fleet including pool cars: purchase vehicles, arrange insurance, maintenance and service, manage vehicle return, including telematics devices when employees leave the company.
- Establish a process for evaluating the full life cost of cars, either in advance via websites or real time by monitoring costs.
- Oversee purchase of stationery items and kitchen supplies for all departments.
- Day to day management of Tanfield including intercompany relations and supplier relations.
- Managing the company`s fleet including risk assessments.
- Providing assistance and direction to the company`s travel team.
- Project work as and when required.
- Production of regular Telematic reports and analysis.
- Manage company accident record and proactively seek to improve the accident record across the fleet.
- Responsible for the company credit cards- making purchases, chasing and obtaining invoices and all appropriate records.
- Any other reasonable request as directed by the Group Financial Controller.
Who you are
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise work, set up and continuously improve administrative systems and procedures.
- Ability to act on own initiative, deal with the unexpected and plan ahead.
- A professional manner.
- Ability to budget and control costs.
- Advanced Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and internet navigation skills.
- A good communicator, able to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
The Travel & Admin Manager role is based within the Finance Department, and is directly responsible to the Group Financial Controller. All staff in the department are ultimately responsible to the Group Financial Controller.
The role involves the use of MS Office – mainly Word and Excel, and the use of Navision Financials software.
Standard office hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.