The Zonal group are the UK’s largest technology provider to the hospitality industry, employing over 520 people and with annual revenues of over £62M. The group has grown its turnover 500% through organic growth and acquisition over the past 8 years and has an exciting and realistic growth expectation for the future. Our products are currently used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the country. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, Mitchells and Butler, JD Wetherspoon and John Lewis.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include:
- Mobile and web apps for ordering and digital menu management
- Long sales cycle, complex EPoS/ERP solutions for multiple site operators
- SaaS solutions for B2C consumer engagement e.g. loyalty, gift cards, vouchers, campaign management, SCV, Digital payment or reservations
- Short sales cycle / telesales channel for Hotel Property Management
By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS system we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Technical Recruiter on a 6 month fixed term contract to join our small but busy internal recruitment team,
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Group Head of People and Talent, you will work within our internal recruitment team.
The Technical Recruiter’s responsibilities include all aspects of hiring, from meeting with our hiring managers to write job descriptions to offering roles to the most suitable candidates and pooling potential talent for future opportunities.
- Communicating with hiring managers to identify job openings and the technical requirements for those roles
- Writing job descriptions and posting suitable, eye-catching adverts to relevant media platforms
- Screening applicants for competency against the role requirements
- Liaising with hiring managers on candidates and interview feedback
- Arranging telephone, video, or face to face interviews
- Conducting effective interviews
- Performing background and reference checks
- Shortlisting suitable candidates for different interview stages
- Arranging assessment and/or candidate aptitude testing activities as required
- Seeking Board approval to offer and then offering job positions and organising the creation of new starter paperwork
- Keeping track of all applicants and ensuring the recruitment process is slick, effective and working seamlessly and to agreed deadlines
- Reporting on roles, time to hire and methods of hire
- Tracking and building talent pools for future opportunities
- Providing constructive feedback to all candidates in a timely fashion
- Driving excellence and constant improvement within the recruitment process
- Representing and promoting the company at career and recruitment events to ensure our attractiveness as a good employment opportunity
- Improving time to hire and streamline company processes, where relevant
Who you are
You’ll be hard working, focused, highly organised and self-motivated, used to achieving results ahead of set deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you should have a good working knowledge of technology, technical roles, and technical skills and capabilities, as well as working knowledge of the recruitment process.
It goes without saying you will have a collaborative approach and also be comfortable managing various stakeholders across the business.
From experience you will already know what good and market leading looks like and will drive improvement that is both relevant and functional for our business, with solid metrics in place to gauge success.
- At least 2 years previous experience recruiting within technology and/or working in the Tech sector.
- Possess a good working knowledge of technical language, technology skills and capabilities.
- Possess excellent relationship building skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Experience in the full recruitment process cycle
- Previous experience of effective use of Recruitment software
- Previous experience of effective utilisation of social media to attract and recruit candidates
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, including good Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability, ad Customer Obsession are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and Hotel Management solutions base in Cardiff.
Location: Based close to Edinburgh – this is a hybrid role involving working from home and from our Edinburgh Head Office.
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience