Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We pride ourselves on our open culture where everyone can make a difference.
What you’ll do
Within the Security and Compliance department we pride ourselves on our ability to engage the business and educate them. We are looking for a skilled security professional who also shares our passion for information security.
The team are security geeks and love what they do. We engage the business in CTFs, Red Team events and training. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences such as DEF CON.
We would like you to have already gained experience within the delivery of manual based security testing, combined with problem solving abilities. Your output from a range of tools and your own knowledge of networking and systems, along with being capable of finding vulnerabilities that will or cannot be identified by automated tools.
You will have the ability to understand the consequence and relative importance of findings within the context of the system under test. Your skills will enable you to understand the broader threat environment, using this knowledge to articulate findings and key risks, clearly and concisely.
Your role will be to deliver key messages to different audiences, from technical development teams to senior non-technical management teams.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who is a self-motivated, logical thinking problem solver with a flexible and adaptive attitude to working in a very busy work environment
You’ll need to be organised, have an inquisitive nature but with a positive attitude and be eager to learn.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills to progress further in the Information Security field.
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- Ability to assess testing tools and deploy the right ones
- Project planning skills
- A solid understanding of ethical hacking
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain findings to non-technical professionals
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills and a proven track-record of building client relationships
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Flexibility to change direction and manage conflicting demands
- Outstanding organisational and data analytics skills
- Experience with using NMAP, Burp, OpenVAS, Niko, OSINT tooling
- Conduct CTFs and engage the business in ethical hacking.
- A degree in computer science/security
- OSCP, CHECK, CREST
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there! If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!