The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our head office in Edinburgh, our Midlands office in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We’re recruiting a Technical Consultant to join our Account Management team. This is a key role in helping to develop true business partnerships with our customers, providing key liaison between Zonal and our clients and providing a high level of technical expertise to our clients.
This role is field based, and this role will require flexibility in working hours including overnight, where appropriate, and extensive travel.
The geographical region for this position can be either the Midlands or South England.
What you’ll do
Acting as a champion across the Zonal product suite You will support the account management team with day to day enquiries and change requests by fulfilling a pre and post sales consultancy role. You will also be required to assist in solution design and planning for complex projects helping to define scope and manage customer expectations.
As subject matter expert you will be expected to assist with customer support and troubleshooting as part of a 2nd or 3rd line function. Where you are involved directly, you should look to transition knowledge and responsibility to other internal or customer teams through documentation, training and driving product change.
- You will ensure that you have in-depth knowledge and detailed understanding of all Zonal products and significant customer solutions in order to act as a subject matter expert with regards to cross-product functionality and configuration.
- Directly or through others, produce and maintain documentation as required. Providing input to product roadmap documents, release documentation, sales and marketing collateral and sales support documents.
- Assist, through documentation and consultancy, the internal support and projects teams with day to day configuration and functionality challenges. You should ensure that the needs of these teams are understood and championed within the Product Management process.
- Assist in solution design and planning for complex projects helping the project team to define scope and manage customer expectations. Assess and specify customer development requirements to ensure an informed, controlled and effective method of escalation into the product management process.
- You will be expected to review all significant product developments, paying particular attention to the impact on cross-product functionality and configuration. you will be further expected to assist internal and external stakeholders with their understanding and adoption of the new features.
- You will be expected to assist with customer support and troubleshooting as part of a 2nd or 3rd line function. Where you are involved directly, you should look to transition knowledge and responsibility to other internal or customer teams through documentation, training and driving product change.
- Through participation in the BAU and project delivery processes, identify product or process changes which would be beneficial and to effectively escalate them into the relevant business owner. Where the change identified requires a product change you will be expected to own and track the recommendation through the Product Management process to conclusion.
- Proactively identify and manage all revenue generating opportunities, involving relevant parties and effectively escalating significant or strategic opportunities.
Ways of Working
- Deliver strong stakeholder management through the creation and maintenance of positive stakeholder relationships, ensuring expectations and agreed objectives are met (Stake holder focus)
- Establish, build and maintain strong working relationships with all wider Zonal departments, customers and third parties, ensuring management of projects meets customer expectations
- Take ownership of own personal development, ensuring project management skills and product knowledge is continuously improved
- Any other reasonable request as directed by the Head of Enterprise Account Management and Organisational Development
Who you are
- Be able to develop a true business partnership with the customer, working closely with the Account Management team, whilst working alongside other Zonal departments.
- Truly focused on the client, delivering exceptional levels of customer care to ensure maximum customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Be able to understand the client’s business priorities, and actively support the client in all aspects of their business.
- Technically competent and up to date with the Zonal product portfolio and practices as well as our competitors.
- Capable of championing the client inside Zonal; to act as a catalyst for client’s sales requirements and overall business and market demand.
- Provide proactive problem-solving skills to the client with respect to Zonal products and services.
- Provide clear and effective communication to all clients and Zonal departments both face to face and in written formats.
- Building and maintaining key relationships with relevant 3rd party suppliers and external companies/contacts.
- Ensuring that all relationships within your client list are always managed on a highly professional basis to ensure the correct Zonal image is portrayed to them.
- Managing the key delivery of assigned projects and ensuring that these are completed to the required standard, timescales, and budgets.
- Operational or allied experience in the hospitality or leisure industry combined with a real passion for the sector and technology
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to translate technical product features into customer benefits
- You have experience of identifying decision-makers and building long-term, successful relationships
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessionare the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.