Technical Account Manager
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
To provide technical account management and support and technical consultancy to new and existing customers of Zonal Marketing Technologies (ZMT).
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Assist customers with any challenges faced within the ZMT product eco-system
- Running new business implementation projects working in conjunction with Project Management & Support Teams.
- Zonal expert on all products, with a key objective to specialise in ZMT products and work to deploy this knowledge within the Account Management team as well as current corporate customers.
- Assist Junior Account Executive in maintaining the account services facility for smaller ZMT customers without a designated account manager.
- Continuously broadening knowledge skills.
- To provide ‘product expertise’ to the business-wide sales function
- To provide technical product information and advice to the ZMT Support function.
- To ensure effective, constructive and collaborative relationships are maintained with internal company departments and external customers and their third party solutions providers.
Who you are
- Minimum 1 year Zonal product/systems knowledge and experience
- Minimum 1 year experience/working knowledge in the hospitality industry.
- Good awareness of latest technology and current trends within the hospitality industry.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.