Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
For the next phase of our growth we are recruiting a Tech Lead to work with us within our market leading Bookings suite of products which is set to propel our current growth even further.
We are open to this position being remote based if required.
What you’ll do
We are looking for experienced Full Stack Software Engineers to help us grow our products. Utilising the latest the design and development methodologies, you will be developing using the latest tech stack and tools.
You will be involved in the full product development life cycle playing a significant role in delivering innovative solutions that are changing the way we all interact with pubs, restaurants and hotels.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions
- Bind our front and back end services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs.
- With your help the team will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- We would like you to help mentor and coach other developers in good practice and design
- You will help lead the design and architecture of the products your team owns
Who you are
- You have worked extensively with C#
- Experience of taking ownership and driving forward technical roadmaps.
- You have worked with various database technologies
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- You are experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
- You have an excellent understanding of object-oriented programming
- You have an excellent understanding of design patterns and S.O.L.I.D and believe in the principles of software craftsmanship
- You have experience building distributed systems, preferably using a micro service approach
- You have experience of architecting and securing cloud facing endpoints
- You have experience of working with high throughput, highly concurrent systems
- Previous experience of VB or PHP also useful but not compulsory
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!