OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for the Service Department’s Health, Environment and Image support strategy for Customer PCs. Their role will be to ensure that all planned re-imaging is completed with a high level of accuracy and in the most efficient manner. They will ensure that all Customer reimage documentation is kept up to date and in the relevant location/Knowledge Base. They will provide expert knowledge internally and to customers with regards to their Zonal PC environment. The will provide expert remote support using LogMeIn, utilising Microsoft tools to perform diagnosis, automation of tasks and fixes.
They will cover for the Planned Work Co-ordinator where necessary (holidays, absence) and work closely with Project Services to ensure that all builds are correct, optimally configured and thoroughly tested before distribution. They will also work closely with the Engineering team to constantly improve and refine the reimage process on site and provide automation and deployment support to the department.
On occasions the Systems & Requests Analyst will also be required to work with other Zonal departments in project work, testing, improving processes and creating documentation. This may involve out of hours work at times (early / late starts).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out customer re-images and pc health checks as required
- Manage the HEAT Service Request list covering all booked jobs generated by and for the Service Department and ensure all work is carried out in a timely manner in line with KPI’s and SLA’s;
- Assist on planned work projects and any other ad-hoc work as required, to improve efficiency and productivity;
- Track hotfix deployment by Upgrades Team and ensure image documentation is updated;
- Ensure that HC Trainer is kept informed of any changes to process to enable accurate training to be delivered;
- Work closely with Project Services to ensure that images are thoroughly tested;
- Ensure that HEAT is kept up to date and all work is logged accurately;
- Continual learning to keep up to date with new software or hardware releases – including non-Zonal software related to the imaging process such as Microsoft OS patch and update releases, PowerShell and other automation technology, standard kit and PC component drivers;
- Escalate any technical issues to Management and Team Leaders where necessary;
- Deputize for the Projects & Deployment Coordinator where necessary;
- Actively seek new methodologies and processes to improve working practices.
- Core Hours: 8am – 4pm (some flexibility will be required for occasional early/late starts)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical helpdesk environment or strong technical skills coupled with experience of remote PC support.
- Experience in utilising automation and deployment technologies such as PowerShell and LogMeIn to provide support.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Windows PC performance management and troubleshooting
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to trace and resolve technically complex problems.
- Good IT knowledge, specifically relating to PCs and networks.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
- IT or Microsoft related qualifications (such as HNC/HND)
- SQL script writing and RDBMS skills
- LogMeIn, LogMeIn One2Many
- EPOS/Zonal product knowledge
The Service Department provides support to all Zonal Clients. The main team of Analysts use remote support to resolve operational and software problems reported by customers. In turn they liaise with Engineering to arrange for faults to be resolved on-site as required.
The Helpcentre consists of 1st and 2nd Line Analysts, Technical Support Analysts and Systems, Upgrade and MDM Analysts (under Planned Work). The Helpcentre operates on various shift patterns 7am – 1am, 365 days a year. Support is provided based upon the SLAs in place with the customers. These are monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the customer at regular intervals.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time