Project and Support Coordinator
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The Project and Support Coordinator is a key support role to the Account Management function. Based predominantly from the client’s head office(s) and working closely with the Account Manager and Project Manager the role is to provide support in all projects/tasks relevant to supplying the required level of service and support to the customer.
This role will be mainly based in customer offices in Burton on Trent however occasional travel to sites across the UK will be required. The role sits within the Account Services team and reports directly to the relevant Project Manager. The demanding nature of this role will require flexibility in working hours including occasional overnight stays where appropriate and extensive travel.
There will be shared responsibility for delivering Zonal targets, working alongside both the Account Manager and Senior Zonal Management.
Your day to day role and responsibilities
You’ll be working alongside the Account Manager, Client Services Analyst and Project Manager to monitor and deliver the agreed Service Level Agreement as well as be instrumental in the successful delivery of Project requirements.
(The Client Service Analyst will be ultimately responsible for closely monitoring the status of the customer’s fault calls whilst looking for trends and ensuring that all service-related complaints/escalations are dealt with effectively.)
- The primary focus will be to support the rollout and ongoing service provision into the Leased and Tenanted area of the business. This will involve Project Managing any new sites or estate changes, ensuring the right processes and checks are in place to ensure Zonal are providing the best level of service as well as supporting sites with technical or configuration queries as required.
- Supporting the Account Manager in the day-to-day management of the customer account whilst working alongside other Zonal departments. This will include customer satisfaction, account profitability, account planning, complaint management and escalation in relation to any projects/tasks under the control of the Account Manager. All Service/support related complaints and escalation are the responsibility of the Client Service Analyst.
- Understanding the customer’s business profile and requirements to ensure that both the customer and Zonal achieve common goals.
- Clear and effective communication to all customer departments that have Zonal dependencies.
- Building key relationships with relevant 3rd party suppliers and external companies/contacts. Excellent communication and correspondence skills are essential.
- Assisting the Account Manager in the management and delivery of all projects assigned to them and ensuring that these are completed to the required standard, timescales and budgets. This will include working closely with all relevant customer and Zonal departments including Helpcentre, Engineering, Planned Work, R&D and Project Services to ensure that implementations of all Zonal EPoS and SaaS products forming part of high-profile projects such as new openings, refurbishments and proof of concepts are successful.
- Maintaining a high level of visibility of all client projects that are under the control of other Zonal departments/personnel. This includes any of the current upgrade or roll-out projects.
- Regularly updating internal Zonal departments with any changes being made by the client to update current processes and work practices
- Accurately completing reports and documentation to the required standard and timeframe.
- Attending any relevant internal company meetings when requested.
- Occasional travel to new site installs to ensure all implementations are completed to a high standard and, if any issues arise, work will all teams to identify root cause whilst recommending any procedural changes where appropriate to mitigate their occurrence in the future.
- Regular reporting to Key external stakeholders around project activity, process changes and updates on feature / functionality capabilities.
- Produce customer facing documentation on best practice or ‘How to’ guides to assist on site operations.
Who you are
- You’ll have excellent planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Excellent customer service; understands and responds to client needs and exceeds expectations wherever possible.
- You’ll be an outstanding communicator along with great team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- A problem solver able to make informed decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- You’ll have a commercial and organisational focus; with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- You’ll be driven by commitment to get results; you’ll achieve obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality and attention to detail is built into work.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.