Strategic Product Manager
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
Create a vision for future products – responding to technological advances, customer needs, industry trends, market disruptions and other influences (including internal stakeholders) and translate the vision into actionable strategic plans or directions of travel with a 2-5-year focus, that can be and are followed by the development teams.
Drive the future development of products, by leading a team of Business Analysts and Product Owners.
Support Zonal’s growth plans to be £100M business– by providing insight into the market trends and how this affects the product vision.
Your main focus will be on the future of EPOS in hospitality against a backdrop of a gradual digital transformation in the hospitality sector
- Lead the creation of the product vision and disseminate the vision and the associated product strategic plan, responding to the trends and technological advances in the market.
- Lead the fulfilment of the product strategic plan through careful planning and collaboration with the Delivery teams
- Provide reports and updates to the Product Steering Group and Executives.
- Lead Product Owners, Business Team members and Delivery teams to ensure objectives are current and responsive to change in direction and demand.
- Participation (from a Product Management perspective) in new customer meetings / sales process to ensure product team are involved and can help shape the product set and plan for future demand and brief the product teams accordingly.
- Participation in customer strategy sessions where relevant to the product line.
- Analysis of competitor products and Zonal’s position against them.
- Analysis of market, sector and consumer trends and propose appropriate actions.
- High level interaction with strategic suppliers who contribute to the product strategy plan
Who you are
- A visionary who can see beyond the immediate requirements and looks for opportunity in challenge.
- Ability to multi-task, balancing customer, product strategy and technical priorities required to deliver an excellent product.
- A strong commercial grounding with a technical flair.
- Innovative mind with a flair for product management including usability, efficient design, rich functionality and technical excellence, through conception, iteration and enhancement.
- Excellent people skills with an ability to present to and influence a wide range of internal and external stake holders, from junior to senior, including board level.
- A problem solver – always able to find a way to get something done.
- Have strong planning and organisational skills.
- A team player, able to work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Have experience in the hospitality industry.
- Have a keen interest in new and disruptive technologies.
- Educated to degree level with extensive experience in product management and/or technology and how it can usefully be applied in business.
- Experience in hospitality, retail or travel sectors.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
The role will demand close interaction with key Zonal departments including Sales, Account Management, Project Services, Delivery and Help Centre.
The role will also involve significant interaction with existing and prospective customers and will require travel, most of which will be in the UK.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.