High Level Software provides a SaaS product in the form of a Property Management System supplying the hotel/hospitality industry. The company has enjoyed a meteoric rise from start-up to established SaaS provider serving hundreds of hoteliers across the UK.
After a partnership with Zonal (market leaders in hospitality software) the company is focused more than ever on achieving the big ambitions for our customers. The company still retains the feel of a start-up with rapid development cycles where great ideas can become reality for customers in a matter of weeks. But we can only achieve this by following development/testing best practice across the board and it’s the dedicated team, both technical and non-technical, who come together to make it possible.
We’re seeking a permanent manual/automation tester to join the High Level Software testing team. This role is fully remote, but you may be required to travel to Cardiff for team meet ups on occasion. Please note that we will only accept applications from those based in the UK.
The role will initially focus on manual testing and QA. You will ensure each new feature and release meets production ready standards (as defined by the Senior Tester) before features are deployed to the live environment.
Your function will be intrinsic to the delivery of the team’s rolling 12-month development roadmap, which will require the production of detailed test scenarios and the ability to manage your time efficiently to meet changing demands.
You should possess a desire to keep learning and improving. It will be essential you learn about every inch of the Property Management System to test it efficiently. The role also offers a great opportunity to help mould the testing strategy as the team grows in complexity.
We are currently making progress towards developing a robust automation testing suite so experience with automation, or a desire to learn and get involved, will be a distinct advantage.
The Technical Requirements
You must fulfil the following criteria to be considered for this role so please read the points below carefully.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial testing experience.
- Good understanding of common testing methods – functional testing, regression testing, integration testing and exploratory testing.
- Experience with any of the common testing platforms/frameworks – Selenium, Jenkins, JMeter, Browser Stack.
- Good understanding of responsive web design and cross browser/device testing.
- Experience testing APIs and common tools like PostMan.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience writing and executing test plans working to tight schedules.
- Experience working in an Agile development team.
Desirable Criteria (not essential)
- ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level.
- Experience with GitHub.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with using Linux platforms.
- Experience with automation testing would be a huge bonus.
You will work as part of a growing development team with a diverse cross section of skills and experience. The team operates on agile development practice focused on achieving rapid delivery. Everyone in the development team has a voice and helps to mould the processes we follow.
The team maintains an open atmosphere where we support and help each other to achieve the best result. We like team players with a ‘can do’ attitude who can bring their unique skills to the table and make the whole greater than the sum of its parts. You’ll work hard on contributing to the development of new features and you’ll leave every day feeling you’ve contributed to a product where each new feature has a profound impact (because it does).
Ultimately, we take pride in being part of an effective development team building something meaningful every day. It’s a good place to be.