The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The Quality Analyst will be responsible for testing and releasing software products ranging from Web Solutions, Mobile Applications, Database Systems and Automation.
You will be expected to produce and manage test script to cover new developments, changes requests and regression tests.
You will also be expected to participate in the development process to help ensure code is well written and testable.
- Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
- Reviewing requirements specifications, functional specifications and other development documentation
- Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
- Effective logging, monitoring and retest of all bugs found during testing
Process and Standards;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of relevant processes and standards within the team and department.
- Facilitate two-way communication of technical and non-technical information within the team and department, via effective ad hoc and formal communication, verbally and in writing.
Who you are
You will have experience of Test Scenarios & Test Cases
- Test Planning
- Testing of web/API/DB layers
- Manual testing & Automation experience
- Test qualification + 3 years as a Software Tester or 5+ year’s relevant experience in Product Software Testing
- Experience and implementation within automation
- Test reporting and management
- Performance/security testing
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Organisational skills to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Flexible/agile in test efforts across multiple work streams whilst reporting efficiently
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.