The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
You will help and shape the automated testing of the software products and platform capabilities within our Book and Serve area. You will be the Test Automation domain specialist within the Bookings and Reservations squad providing the team with the necessary skills and knowledgebase to help ensure that our automation tests and frameworks provide us with the best return of investment we can get.
Responsibilities will involve: –
- Adding tests to our existing Test Automation framework, working alongside fellow Test Engineers to ensure that just the right tests are automated.
- Evaluating tools and processes to help maintain and improve the automation tests and our frameworks to ensure time spent doing manual regression is kept a minimum.
- Creating and maintaining test data across various environmental permutations.
- Help and mentor fellow Test Engineers within the Automation domain.
- Working alongside our Technical Services team to create and maintain Automation Environments.
Who you are
- You have experience of working with and testing web API’s using tools such like Swagger and Postman.
- You have experience in creating test cases with Selenium WebDriver based frameworks.
- You have basic C# knowledge.
- You have an excellent understanding of SDLC’s and where Test Automation can be of most benefit to both the team and the overall product quality.
- You actively engage in the Test Automation community collating new ideas, tools, and processes to ensure that the status quo is always challenged.
- Willingness to help the team with testing at all levels when required to ensure team goals and objectives are met.
- Experience with implementing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with integrating automation with CI/CD pipelines
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS)
- Cross Browser & Mobile device automation
- Git Version Control
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.