The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
As a member of a cross functional team, you will help and shape the software products within our Book and Serve area. You will be a fully hands on member of the Scrum team and will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects from design to maintenance.
Responsibilities will involve: -
- Working with other team members to deliver feature and tech stories committed to in sprints
- Participating in product and technical designs to ensure the team delivers value in each increment
- Performing code reviews to ensure all code follows agreed standards
- Actively looking for and suggesting improvements in our processes
Who you are
- You have a good C# experience (2+ years)
- You have experience working with relational databases (preferably SQL Server and/or MySQL)
- You are willing to work with other programming languages when required to help maintain products
- You are a team player, willing to help the team at all levels when required to ensure goals are met
- You are proactive and have a positive attitude
- Experience with caching using Redis, Memcached
- Experience of working with RabbitMQ
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS) or other platform for planning and tracking work
- Working in a Scrum team
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.