Zonal Marketing Technologies is a digital agency, and part of the Zonal group. Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK’s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry. We work with brands like PizzaExpress, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One on everything from apps, order & pay, digital vouchers and loyalty to online bookings and table management. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Our talented studio team create amazing web sites, build dynamic, engaging e-mail templates, design cool ‘stuff’ and code some pretty slick toolsets for some of the biggest brand names in hospitality. It’s fast-paced and tactical one day and more considered and strategic the next. It’s not dull and it’s never boring and if you’re all about broadening your experience then this is the place for you to grow your core skills mix. In terms of technology, we embrace the best of the past with the newest of the new and throw in some quick-win frameworks that Google has to offer.
Even with all these solutions to hand, it’s still all about the difference YOU can make, with a truly proactive, can-do attitude. We encourage new ideas mixed with tried and tested solutions – then the agency team’s creativity and problem-solving skills give our clients a stage on which their brands can perform. We are a diverse bunch of people with a common set of values – great design, quality execution, cutting-edge integrated solutions, and a customer-first attitude. And, as a team we support each other with a smile on our faces and a true sense of achievement in what we do.
What you’ll do
- The team you will be a part of will be cross functional, comprising of Developers, Test Engineers and Product Owners. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will be:-
- Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle
- Monitoring and reporting on the production usage of the product to help identify areas of weakness/risk
- Championing expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all stages of the development lifecycle
- Supporting and mentoring more junior members of the team to ensure that pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented
Who you are
- Ideally you will have 4+ years’ experience developing in OO PHP
- Experience working with MVC frameworks (such as CodeIgniter and Laravel)
- Experience of working within a fast paced agency environment
- Competent Data skills including MSSQL and MySQL
- Understanding of web technologies, browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
- Experience of working with a product to understand requirements and user stories
- You undertake problem-solving in a logical way and find these an enjoyable challenge
- Able to independently complete small, discrete pieces of work that are beneficial to the product
- Experience with ColdFusion is a huge advantage but not essential
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.