The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development and testing of existing and new products
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design and ship new features/products as required by the Product Owner / Business Sponsor
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Work to fix bugs as prioritised by the Product Owner
- Maintain and improve code quality
- Strive towards a continuous integration and delivery process in a pragmatic manner where appropriate
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team and ensure that pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented.
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or ideally, Bootstrap.
Who you are
- Ideally have a minimum 4 years commercial experience developing in OO PHP, .Net, PHP or C#
- Experience working with MVC frameworks (such as CodeIgniter and Laravel)
- Experience working in a fast paced agency environment
- Demonstrates core belief in good user experience and best practice
- Understanding of web technologies, browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
- Experience working with WordPress or other similar CMS
Key skills of great advantage:
- Experience with ColdFusion is a huge advantage
- Experience in Net or Java
- Experience working with RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
- Worked in an agile environment
- Test driven development and automation
- You will have the ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Demonstrable ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of the wider team
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.