Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We pride ourselves on our open culture where everyone can make a difference
What you’ll do
You will test and release software products and platform capabilities on our new green field project ranging from Web, Mobile Applications, API’s and backend services, automating where appropriate with the aim of achieving a high-quality product.
We currently have 3 self-organising vertical scrum teams working on the 4th generation of Zonal’s Products. You will be working on one of these small but busy scrum teams made up with developers and you, the sole test engineer. This team are responsible for developing, testing new products and platform capabilities.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Adding acceptance tests to our existing Test Automation framework
- Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
- Partake in review sessions including code reviews and three amigos
- Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
- Effectively logging, monitoring and retesting all defects found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Having a positive impact on the quality of our products
- Build up our test coverage as our CI/CD pipeline scales to support our ever-growing product integrations
- Help ensure your vertical’s releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
Who you are
- A strong understanding of testing methodologies
- You need to be comfortable testing any part of our stack whether it’s backend testing, API test or FE testing
- Experience of working with and testing web API’s using tools such like swagger and postman
- Experience of adding tests to automated test suites, and maintaining these tests.
- Agile (SDLC) experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Organisational skills to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
- Some understanding of a programming or scripting language e.g. C#, Python, Java, PowerShell, and experience in creating simple scripts to test applications
- Experience of working in a Continuous Integration and continuous deployment environment
- Understanding of browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
- Experienced in writing / executing test cases within a microservices architecture.
- Experience of Azure DevOps
- Experience of using Specflow
- Knowledge of bug reporting and ALM tools (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
- Understanding the principles of source control e.g. Git, SVN
- Experience of TDD
- Database proficiency (SQL Server) or other RDBS
- Knowledge of Selenium and MsTest
- Experience with traffic debugging tools like Wireshark and Fiddler
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!