The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The team you will a part of will be cross functional, comprising of Test Engineers, Developers and Business Analysts. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
You will test and release software products on projects ranging from Websites, Mobile Applications, API’s and automating where appropriate with the aim of achieving minimal faults.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a software testing environment with the ability to learn and understand complex systems.
Key skills we would like you to have are
Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Adding Tests to existing Test Automation framework
- Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
- Reviewing requirements specifications, functional specifications and other development documentation
- Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
- Effectively logging, monitoring and retesting all bugs found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Having a positive impact on the quality of our products
Who you are
- You’ll have a passion for delivering quality products with experience in test planning, design, execution and associated reviewsTest experience on both Web and Mobile platforms
- Experience of adding tests to automated test suites, and maintaining these tests
- Database proficiency (SQL Server) or other RDBS
- Agile (SDLC) experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Organisational skil
- ls to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Flexible/agile in test efforts across multiple work streams whilst reporting efficiently
- Understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceed expectations where possible
- Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Ability to be commercially and organisationally focused on the overall business and issues facing company
- Committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate
Desirable additional skills
- Experience of working with virtualised environments e.g. VMware, Hyper V
- Experience of working with and testing web API’s
- Experience of working in a Continuous Integration environment
- Understanding the principles of source control e.g. Git, SVN
- Some understanding of a programming or scripting language e.g. C#, Python, Java, PowerShell, and experience in creating simple scripts to test applications
- Understanding of browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
- Knowledge of bug reporting and ALM tools (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
- Willingness to provide out of hours support as and when required (Not the norm)
- Knowledge of EPOS systems and/or hospitality industry would be an advantage
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.