Reporting to: Implementation Manager
Location: Field Based
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
To cover all aspects related to site installations and training, including site surveying, commissioning of site systems, in a well organised, structured and professional manner.
To cover additional senior implementer duties as outlined below.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To liaise with Zonal personnel and customers regarding site surveys, installations, training and support requirements, and evaluate services provided
- To create customer specific implementation and structured training plans, undertaking ‘Training Needs Analysis’ where applicable
- Ensuring installations are carried out efficiently and effectively
- To conduct site surveys, hot staging, installations, site audits, delivery of professional structured training courses and go-live support as and when required, adhering to established working procedures
- To install and configure Aztec and ZBS software according to specific scenarios
- To ensure knowledge base of Zonal products, new releases and technical knowledge (to include SQL) is kept up to date, continuously broadened and can be applied and transferred to daily operations
- Knowledge of Aztec data setup required to assist customers in setting up their system
- Ability to advise customers and troubleshoot, through understanding installation processes for Aztec modules (in a modular upgrade), network topology, IP addressing, sub-netting and network communications
- To provide a professional flexible approach to implementation and go-live support throughout the UK, by providing appropriate day and evening cover either on-site or at Zonal premises to support and meet customer expectations
- To ensure all working procedures are kept up to date and documented
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with all Zonal departments, customers and third-party associates
- To take ownership of own personal development and champion individual assigned projects where applicable, seeking continuous improvement.
Senior Systems Implementer duties:
The duties below will be performed in addition to the job holder’s standard Systems Implementer duties.
- Conduct audits on System Implementer quality of work and output providing constructive feedback to the management team and team members, advising accordingly into individual personal development plans
- Assist in conducting recruitment and selection, performance development reviews and regular 1:1s
- Monitor and review customer satisfaction from technical, training and support evaluations
- Keep up to date with new products and developments, and be responsible for informing team members accordingly
- Provide technical and/or training advice and support to team members as required
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Project Services Management team
- Coach, train and mentor new systems implementer/trainers, being heavily involved with their induction process and sign off
- Assist in the management of third-party contractors being a point of contact in the field and liaising with line management accordingly
- Be the point of contact in the absence of the line manager
- Assist with the management and continuous improvement of internal and external communications
- Assist with the monitoring and measuring of team skill levels and drive continuous improvement of reporting models
- Proactively upskill team members to achieve the highest skill rate possible
Who you are
- Experience in the hospitality or retail industry as a systems implementer, trainer, help centre analyst, engineer /senior engineer or similar.
- Exposure to PCs: experience of installing and navigating Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of networks: understanding of IP Addresses, linking PC and tills to network and troubleshooting.
- A clean current driving license.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- IT-related qualification.
- Knowledge of POS Systems.
- Knowledge of SQL.
The Senior Implementer role is based within the Project Services department. Company offices are in Abingdon and Edinburgh, although this position is primarily field-based. The demanding nature of this role will require flexibility in working hours, covering day and evening shifts. Overnight stays and extensive travel will be required where appropriate and occasional weekend work may be required.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!