The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
As our Senior Financial Accountant (reporting to the Group Financial Controller), you will be responsible for the monthly management accounts of the Zonal Group with direct line management responsibility for a Graduate Accountant. Key tasks will involve:
- Preparation of monthly Consolidated Group Management Accounts.
- Close of general ledger in accordance with month end timescale.
- Work with finance teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes.
- Management and ownership of all month end processes.
- Monthly variance analysis on cost vs. budget
- Review of routine revenue, COS, overhead journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other team and group finance members (e.g. Payroll journals).
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Review and challenge Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Review of carrying values for investments & goodwill.
- Review of quarterly VAT returns and oversee payments on account.
- Year end audit and tax file preparation.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Produce Group KPI reports for the board.
- Assist with group cash flow model.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Develop, document and implement Zonal financial processes and controls.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects on behalf of the Group Financial Controller as and when required.
- As a senior team member set appropriate standards and example for the rest of the finance team.
- Supporting, training and mentoring a graduate accountant
Skills and qualifications
- Qualified accountant
- Significant experience of consolidated management accounts including variance analysis
- Prior involvement in year end audits
- Ability to identify, propose and implement process improvements
- Previous line management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to create cross department relationships
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Confident in the use of accounting systems. Experience of Navision desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Stock experience desirable
Standard office hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday. When restrictions allow, the role will involve 2/3 days in the office with the remainder at home.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessedare the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, our brand new office in Staffordshire and our Innovation Centre in Abingdon.