Job Role Summary:
Zonal Marketing Technologies is a digital agency, and part of the Zonal group. Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK’s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry.
We work with brands like PizzaExpress, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One on everything from apps, order & pay, digital vouchers and loyalty to online bookings and table management. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Working in a hugely innovative area, the Campaigns Tech team at Zonal is building products that are revolutionising the hospitality industry. By giving our clients the ability to target their customers in a smart way through joining together big-data and knowledge of customer’s activities using our Campaign and Loyalty products.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development and testing of existing and new products
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design and ship new features/products as required by the Product Owner / Business Sponsor
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Work to fix bugs as prioritised by the Product Owner
- Maintain and improve code quality
- Strive towards a continuous integration and delivery process in a pragmatic manner where appropriate
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team and ensure that pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented.
Key Skills We Look for:
- Commercial experience with Coldfusion (2+ years)
- Commercial experience in PHP/.net or JAVA (2+ years)
- Full stack development experience
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Experience in Agile teams working closely with other roles (QA/Product Owners etc.)
- Ability to identify process improvements to the SDLC
- Use of GIT or equivalent in team based environments
- Developed code with Unit Tests
- Commercial experience in two or more of PHP (2+ years) on SaaS products and use of OO MVC Frameworks
- Data centric software development and designs
- Hospitality/leisure industry experience
- Agile/Scrum training
- Working in a rapidly growing business
- Experience growing teams
- Experience of implementing CI/CD into the delivery process
- Use of Automation in testing and development/deployment