The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
Are you an experienced and dynamic Scrum Master who can help us deliver our growing suite of products?
We want to encourage you to utilising your proven Agile planning and delivery expertise, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and shape new ways of working across cross functional delivery teams who are using the latest design and development methodologies.
You will be fully involved across the full product development life cycle, playing an important role in changing the way we all interact with pubs, restaurants and hotels.
Key skills we would like you to have are:-
- Experienced in facilitating workshops and supporting product managers and development teams to break down large epics into manageable stories
- Comfortable supporting product managers to drive backlog delivery whilst resolving conflicting prioritisation and ambiguity
- Maintain “bigger picture” awareness and seek collaboration opportunities across wider programme where cross cutting opportunities may expedite product delivery
- Encourage and support DevOps culture across delivery teams
- Strong experience of capturing and confidently reporting metrics for sprint progress and outcomes including velocity, work breakdown, wastage, CI opportunities to various levels of organisation
- Ability to identify skill gaps across development teams and support recruitment and person development to ensure programme deliverables remain on track
Who you are
You’ll have experience of leading by example and building a sense of accountability and ownership within cross functional teams to support delivery of sprint commitments
- 3+ years of facilitating Agile ceremonies; stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint demos
- Define the team Ways of Working and align them to the wider programme WoW strategy, challenging and influencing people when necessary
- Experience with Aha, TFS or similar desired
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.