The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our head office in Edinburgh, our Midlands office in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
- Develop long-term UK based customer relationships within the Hospitality/Leisure/Pub and Bar industry companies.
- Focus on a pre-determined sector of the target market
- Utilize diverse forms of market research to generate new customer business.
- Translate leads into product sales, requiring a high degree of technical product knowledge and the ability to articulate this information to potential customers.
- Develop market awareness of Zonal’s products and services via trade association and user group meetings.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends within the hospitality industry and how they affect and relate to Zonal product.
- Prepare realistic and detailed business proposals and tailored solutions for customers.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to customer requests and enquiries.
- Develop effective, constructive and collaborative relationships with all relevant company departments to develop future account strategies. Gain a solid understanding of Zonal’s total solution and how other departments interface with the customer.
- Utilize daily in all communication Zonal’s CRM system to record activity and progress against goals and objectives.
- Strive to achieve or exceed given monthly sales targets as directed by Line Manager
- Deliver against agreed quarterly sales targets.
- Other duties as required.
Who you are
- You have a strong sales focus with a desire to win deals.
- Degree qualified with at least 1 years’ experience of selling business application software to hospitality or a similar industry.
- Operational or allied experience in the hospitality or leisure industry combined with a real passion for the sector.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to translate technical product features into customer benefits.
- Assured and confident in meeting and building relationships with entrepreneurs, senior directors, and IT professionals.
- You have experience of identifying decision-makers and building long-term, successful relationships.
- You have previous B2B sales experience within a face to face environment
- You’ll have experience of working with Microsoft Dynamic CRM.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.