The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our head office in Edinburgh, our office in Staffordshire, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
You’ll work closely with the Account Management team developing a true business partnership, providing key liaison between Zonal and our clients.
You’ll be responsible for delivery of all Projects into a significant customer with over 1,000 sites across the UK. Projects can vary from software deployment and testing projects to rollout of new solutions or hardware across the estate. Projects will vary considerably in terms of technical complexity, size and value.
Supported by a small team of Project and Support Co-ordinators you will be responsible for all IMAC works across all areas of the customers managed, leased and tenanted estate.
You will be required to have a full understanding of the Clients business requirements/objectives with strong relationships throughout the Clients organisation and proactively recognise and develop opportunities for increased revenue.
You will be required to understand all Zonal solutions on a technical basis, understand how they are configured and how they integrate with one another.
You’ll be working closely with other Zonal departments as this is an integral part of the process for ensuring that the agreed level of service and communication supplied to the client by Zonal is maintained.
This role is primarily office based, occasional home working but with aspects of travel.
The majority of the time will be based in offices in Burton but there is the possibility of being required to be in Bury St Edmunds one day a week as well as travel across the UK for site visits or meetings as appropriate.
In light of this, this role will require flexibility in working hours and any travel may include overnight stays.
Candidates for this particular position should live within an easy commute of Burton on Trent.
What you’ll do
- Work within existing Project Management disciplines / processes in place and adhere to all Change Management processes from both a customer perspective and that of Zonal.
- Project Manage all customer Projects, delivering to time and budget whilst providing a high level of reporting across all planned activity.
- Manage the overall performance of the Client’s projects including, but not limited to, customer satisfaction, formal reporting, project planning & review, complaint management and escalation process.
- As part of reporting requirements, assist the customer in defining Project scope in producing PID or SOW documents as well as regular RAG reporting and other Project Management best practice deliverables.
- On Project closure, ensure all commercial arrangements are in place prior to handing over to BAU teams to ensure all billing is accurate and up to date.
- Focusing on the client, delivering exceptional levels of customer care to ensure maximum customer satisfaction is achieved.
- To line manage a small team of co-ordinators to facilitate all IMAC work across the customer estate – be that new site installs, moves or changes. As well as IMAC work, the co-ordinators will be responsible for some support tasks and the Project Manager is to support in this and help manage departmental workloads.
- To be technically competent and up to date with the Zonal product portfolio and practices as well as our competitors.
- Ensuring there is a clear and coherent path of communication internally and externally.
- Work with the client to define developments and requirements. Submit these and manage development process to ensure customer expectations are managed and internal procedures complied with.
- Monitor and control the full lifecycle of the project: plan schedules for the release of Aztec and upgrades, new features etc; liaise with other departments in support of this, and secure their commitment to successful delivery.
- Plan, prepare and present formal Business Reviews between Zonal and the client involving but not limited to, Directors of both companies to include information such as: project status/milestones, project deviation, reasons and counter measures.
- Additionally, the Project Manager must ensure effective, constructive and collaborative relationships are maintained with other company departments.
- Ensuring that all relationships are always managed on a highly professional basis to ensure the correct Zonal image is portrayed to them.
- Managing the key delivery of assigned projects and ensuring that these are completed to the required standard, timescales, and budgets.
- Maintaining a high level of visibility and ownership of activities within the client account.
- Regularly updating internal Zonal departments with any relevant changes made by the client.
Who you are
- You’ll have at least 3 years successful experience directing, planning and controlling high profile or technically complex projects.
- You will have a strong record of managing & developing customer relationships ideally within hospitality, retail &/or IT sectors.
- A proven track record of delivering projects successfully, on time and to budget.
- Proficient in the use of appropriate project planning tools for management purposes.
- The ability to manage and lead large virtual teams, deliver clear messages to technical and non-technical customers and colleagues.
- You’ll have project management experience – ideally within an IT service environment.
- Exceptional standards of customer care.
- Good understanding of general IT concepts and confident in communicating with technical experts.
- Good awareness of latest technology and current trends within the hospitality industry.
- Leadership; provides and communicates inspiration and clear direction for the team which is in line with the organisation’s goals, mission and values.
- Performance management; manages the performance of others fairly, clearly and regularly, encouraging and supporting the team to achieve high standards.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.