The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
You will project manage key new and existing customer projects, ensuring all customers, team and stakeholders are effectively supported and kept regularly informed of progress through the production of detailed project plans, supportive documentation and project guidance using a range of communication methods.
You will be an experienced project manager, with responsibilities for multiple complex projects. The role may also entail taking management responsibility for certain departments within the Projects and Services Department as requested from time to time
• Project Manage agreed multiple internal and external projects including recommendation and development of processes and procedures where necessary.
• Provide project plans and PIDs for all projects ensuring project change controls are established and adhered to.
• Ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are proposed for projects and any sub-projects.
• Deliver strong stakeholder management through the creation and maintenance of positive stakeholder relationships, ensuring expectations and agreed objectives are met.
• Ensure benefits and objectives are fully identified within the business case and that these are fully met from the implementation of the change.
• Update the relevant parties on progress to date within project phase, highlighting any deviance to plan and detailing any risk and issues with delivery.
• Provide weekly/ad hoc reports and briefings on the status of all live and forecasted customer projects to all relevant parties including updating the company RAG Report.
• Ensure projects are formally closed and subsequently reviewed, with lessons learned captured and appropriate action taken.
• Lead the handover process to ensure all required details and documentation is collated and understood prior to customer implementation and distributed to relevant parties.
• Assess and specify customer development requirements to ensure an informed, controlled and effective method of escalation for development.
• Maintain effective financial and project progress, ensuring frequent revenue and cost tracking of customer requirements, with regular analysis and reporting as appropriate.
• Work closely with Project Managers to assist with the efficient planning and booking of resource to support the efficient coordination of the Project Services teams, whilst striving to meet the expectations of all customers.
• Ensure that resource plans are up to date and meet project needs, with tasks assigned appropriately to project personnel.
• Monitor the quality of services provided liaising directly with the Projects and Services Director, providing timely and effective feedback.
• Organise and chair project meetings and project reviews for assigned projects.
• Proactively identify and manage all revenue generating opportunities, involving relevant parties.
• Organise and hold post client reviews ensuring all client requirements have been met, with effective feedback to all stakeholders and effective handover to relevant parties.
• Identify process and business improvement opportunities and where possible lead and implement initiatives to continuously improve the customer experience.
• Work closely with other Projects and Services department managers and relevant stakeholders, assisting with the evaluation, planning and implementation of processes, procedures and systems, ensuring procedures/processes are adhered to.
• Establish, build and maintain strong working relationships with all Zonal departments, customers and third parties, ensuring management of projects meets customer expectations.
• Take ownership of own personal development, ensuring project management skills and product knowledge is continuously improved.
• Apply and advise other team members on the appropriate adaptation of Prince2 methodology required to support project delivery.
• Any other reasonable request as directed by your line manager or the Director of Projects and Services and Organisational Development.
Who you are
- Knowledge of and experience of working with EPoS systems within hospitality.
- Proven experience of Project Management or Prince2.
- Proven experience of process mapping, process or business improvement.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Experience of producing accurate and clear project documentation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of multi-tasking.
- Ability to transfer strategic perspective into practicable and operational processes.
- Demonstrates a positive and confident approach to supporting business change.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Zonal Aztec product knowledge.
- Prince 2 Qualification.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.