Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
- We offer flexible & remote working within the UK.
- Generous holiday allocation + Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- We reward our staff well with competitive salaries
- We give back to staff with our company profit share scheme
- Well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
This role sits within Managed Services which is part of the wider Technical Operations business unit. Our suite of SaaS, distributed systems and product integrations help our customers run their businesses, providing their customers with industry leading hospitality technology products.
As a Production Operations Engineer, you’ll combine your experience in support, incident management, operations and integrations to triage and own incidents and requests coming from level 3 support and production services to drive down tech debt.
You will work closely with teammates in Development, Platform Delivery and DevOps to provide a responsive, stateful incident workflow, identifying opportunities to knowledge-share, enhance documentation, improve tooling and reduce toil.
The makeup of our systems is changing rapidly, and you’ll play a key part in helping us drive this forward. We’re moving to a hybrid cloud landscape using the right technologies for the best outcomes.
You and your team will:
Will build strong, collaborative relationships acting as the glue between customer facing support and engineering teams
- Own and continually improve:
- Incident triage, response through to resolution
- Logging, monitoring, and alerting services
- Dashboards, internal and external status pages
- Automation, tooling and documentation wherever possible
- Team processes, driving technical debt down
- Capacity analytics and demand management
- Reduce toil (work that is largely manual, repetitive, automatable, tactical, devoid of enduring value), maximising engineering capacity
- Bring expertise and a streetwise perspective to problem solving, reducing complexity
- Participate in On-Call cover and Incident Response
- Uphold key SLOs covering availability, performance and early detection
- Act as key stakeholders in the technical debt reduction
Who you are
You will have an operational background in application services or highly available systems running in a Windows Server or Linux based environment having spent at least some of your career as a member of a multi-disciplined support, delivery, or operations team.
When things go wrong – and they will – we want to know about the problem before our users, so will need your understanding of modern monitoring and toolsets to support triage, investigation, and remediation.
- A self-starter with a passion for technology and problem solving, with excellent analytical skills who thrives in an autonomous environment
- Solid experience in scripting, tooling, automation, and data access – PowerShell and T-SQL would be an advantage
- Good understanding of operations in a Windows or Linux environment
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring frameworks, data retrieval and event correlation from logging systems
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technology
- Comfortable in complex provisioning and deployment scenarios
- A strong collaborator, organised, with a safe pair of hands
- A team player who enjoys representing operational and customer impacts in Tech Debt prioritisation
- Comfortable interacting with mixed audiences of Support, Product Delivery, Engineering, and Incident Management
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience operating and supporting production software
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We are looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!