The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do:
As Product Training Manager, you will develop, manage and lead a team of field based product trainers, measuring productivity, performance and activity, whilst working with customer and key stakeholders to achieve customer service excellence.
The Product Training Manager role is field based and reports to the Head of Learning and Development. A clean, current driving license is essential to this role.
The nature of the role will require flexibility in working hours and field based locations, spending between 2 – 3 days at the Milton Park, Oxfordshire office. Travel will be required where appropriate and occasional overnights stays may be required.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing effective management, coaching and leadership for a team of field based trainers (permanent and contractors)
- Managing and overseeing the development of trainers, taking ownership and maintenance of the training team skills matrix
- Co-ordinating, managing and auditing the resource schedule, working with the Project Services scheduler to release in a timely manner
- Working closely with other Project Services department managers, to evaluate, plan and implement processes, procedures and systems, ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to at all times, whilst maximising operating efficienc
- Ensuring training materials are designed, produced and kept up to date to support product training / customer rollouts and are easily accessible
- Conducting audits on trainers, providing timely effective feedback and agreeing next steps
- Identifying and implementing new initiatives and training methods and proactively identifying any opportunities for personal development of team
- Monitoring and managing staff performance, conducting regular reviews/1:1s and undertaking company PDRs and departmental development plans
- Overseeing the induction and development of new team members, providing timely feedback
- Establishing, deploying and maintaining the ‘Product Training’ strategy, ensuring training is continually aligned to the company and department objectives and strategy
- Maintaining high quality standards of training design and delivery, working in conjunction with the Head of L&D to maintain the LPI Gold Standard Training Accreditation
- Regular monitoring of TPMA standards being adhered to by trainers
- Regular monitoring of expenditure and costs against deliverables and benefits, to ensure the budget for training is closely monitored, controlled and reported
Who you are:
- Someone with experience managing people, working with remote teams and coaching and developing staff
- You’ll have a formal training qualification and knowledge of e-learning, webinars and blended learning solutions
- Hospitality experience (within pubs, restaurants, hotels)
- Resource scheduling experience
- Ambiguous, assertive and decisive
- Results and delivery focused
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally with our customers
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.