The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The Product Trainer is part of the Learning and Development team that forms part of the wider Project & Services team. You’ll provide high quality professional training services covering all aspects related to the design, delivery and evaluation of classroom, on-site, and online training for small to large groups, as well as providing go-live support and consultancy.
- To provide a professional flexible approach to training delivery (classroom, on-site and online) and go-live support throughout the UK, by providing appropriate day and evening cover either on-site or at Zonal premises, meeting customer expectations and adhering to TPMA standards.
- To undertake ‘Training Needs Analysis’ with points of contact, working collaboratively with relevant parties to design and produce structured training plans, facilitator guides, slide decks and any other associated training resources relevant to the customer requirement.
- To proactively evaluate services provided and take ownership for own personal development.
- To ensure knowledge base of all Zonal products/solutions, new releases, technical knowledge (if required) and applications used to deliver training are kept up to date, continuously broadened and can be applied and transferred to daily operations.
- To champion individual assigned projects where applicable, seeking continuous improvement and working to the expectations of line management.
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with Zonal staff, customers and third parties, liaising and responding in a timely manner to requirements and queries.
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues and customers through effective and professional troubleshooting and consultancy.
- To ensure all working procedures are adhered to, kept up to date and documented.
- To ensure all KPI targets and objectives agreed are achieved.
- To assist the implementation team with standard installation tasks.
Who you are
- Previous experience of delivering training sessions; classroom and/or on-site.
- Previous experience of delivering sessions online using Webex or Skype for Business.
- Experience working in the hospitality or leisure industry.
- Experience working in a field based, fast paced environment.
- Good experience of using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of designing and producing training resources and content.
- A clean and current driving license.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information in order to find the best solutions, taking a balanced view to reach conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Recognised Certification in Training/Learning & Development; TPMA, TAP, NVQ or CIPD.
- Knowledge of Zonal solutions.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.