Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We offer remote working within the UK. We also reward our staff well with very competitive salaries, generous holiday allocation and well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
The Product Delivery Manager will be responsible for heading up our online bookings and reservations team.
Our suite of products helps our customers manage their venue operations more efficiently. Effective booking and reservation through management allows our customers to gain greater control not only over where to seat people, but also ensuring staffing and stock procurement forecasting is accurate.
You and your team will operate with a large degree of autonomy, with choices about process and technology stack. You will be responsible for ensuring your team remain aligned with the overall strategy and process striking the right balance between consistency and flexibility.
You will be responsible for enabling the commercial success of your product or products, which includes both the operations of the product (uptime, performance, and user experience) and the successful delivery of the product roadmap (features).
It will be your responsibility to monitor and report on the production usage of your product/products; ensuring pro-active steps are taken to stay one step ahead of customer demand, where customers may be internal or external.
You will keep a strategic view of the demands on, and limitations to, the products and use this to constantly improve the operations of the product.
- Through your team(s) continually deliver products, or projects, using the appropriate agile project management methodology
- It will be your role to make sure the team is performing to its optimum capability while maintaining good practice and achieving a high level of quality and low team turnover.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- You will enable and foster a culture of innovation and professionalism within the team where there is clear ownership and accountability, and where individuals take pride in their deliverables and creating a positive customer impact.
- As a Line Manager you will recruit, develop, coach, motivate and performance manage those in your team.
- We would like you to actively participate in the Product Delivery community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- You’ll work with the Product Function to help define the roadmap for any given product ensuring that delivery timescales are achievable, realistic and commercially viable.
- Ensure your team are able to provide the necessary support, in and out of hours, to our customers. Drive improvements in this support.
- You will be expected build a technology function where teams and products are loosely coupled but tightly aligned: We don’t want tight dependencies between products as that makes delivery more complicated, but we do need all products improving the overall solution and heading in the same direction
- Given your expertise we will ask you to ensure a balance between consistency and flexibility: teams need freedom when it comes to process and technology choices, but when appropriate it has to be consistent between teams.
Who you are
You will have a background working in a software Product Delivery environment, most likely you will have spent some of career as a contributing member of a delivery team.
We want you and your leadership skills on-board, you’ll be the go to person to help get things done.
It goes without saying you’ll have an understanding of agile principles and techniques.
- As a natural, confident and clear communicator you will have experience liaising with technical and non-technical teams and across organisational boundaries.
- You’ll be experienced in communicating with support staff, delivery team members and C-Level executives and know how to tailor your communications to the audience.
- You will be motivated by getting things done, and getting them done in the right way, first time; you are laser focussed on achieving the best outcome.
- As a valued Manager within the business, we would like to be aware of the business and commercial pressures relevant to your teams, your dynamic leadership skills will pragmatically balance delivery against the pressure – you realise that we don’t always operate in a perfect world and it will be necessary for you to make difficult decisions from time to time.
- You will have experience of rapid business changes and be able to keep your team motivated, energised and on track through these periods.
- Using your communication skills you will keep key stakeholders aware of progress against plans and help mitigate risks. You will understand that the identification of risks and issues is not enough – when escalating you will provide recommendations and solutions.
- Being accountable for delivery of multiple projects and those factors which make delivery successful or unsuccessful, you will use this knowledge to ensure positive outcome and build a track record of delivering software releases on time and within budget
- Ability to work closely with other key functions which may include Product Management, Infrastructure teams, DevOps team to enable delivery.