Function: Client Services
Reporting to: Head of Client Services
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
As a Junior Client Services Executive, you will provide over the phone customer management and support primarily to customers that use online booking products from Zonal Marketing Technologies. The role is customer facing and is a key component of the wider Client Services team to ensure that Zonal customers receive the best customer experience at all times, thereby ensuring that Zonal’s track record of customer retention and high levels of customer service are maintained.
Duties will include talking to all small to medium size customers on a regular basis to ensure they are kept up to date with product developments, exciting new features as well as dealing with any ad hoc system queries they may have. This will start from the very beginning of a customer’s journey with Zonal and the successful candidate will be in contact throughout the on-boarding process to ensure that the customer is fully kept up to date whilst also providing a trusted and central point of contact should assistance be needed.
The successful candidate would not only need to have good verbal and written communication skills but also to become a subject matter expert for the products concerned so any queries raised can be answered promptly.
The role will be challenging but the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a role which will be varied in nature and will expose them to all aspects of the business. Being a company that delivers technical innovation, a technical appreciation to SaaS based products and / or hospitality operational experience is advantageous.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- To maintain regular contact with all SME customers by phone and email to keep them updated with the latest products and services provided by Zonal.
- Work with Zonal’s Marketing team to help produce and distribute customer bulletins.
- Provide support during the onboarding process of any new customer to ensure they always have a trusted touch point for any queries they may have.
- Assist with technical and usability queries that are raised by customers.
- Assist customers with any training requirements they have and book on site training with the Zonal Training teams as and when required.
- Pass any potential sales leads over to the Zonal Sales team should such an opportunity arise.
- Ensure any customer escalations are dealt with in a professional manner and that the customer is updated at every opportunity. Similarly, work with the support teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Transfer knowledge at every opportunity to upskill other members of the wider team.
- Produce monthly reporting on customer conversations, issues and installs to give the Client Services Manager and Exec team a holistic view of all activity in the existing customer base.
Who you are
- Knowledge of front of house operational process advantageous – for example restaurant booking and table capacity management.
- Zonal Product knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of organisation and attention to detail is paramount.
- Must be flexible in their approach as they will invariably be asked to get involved in things at short notice. In doing so though, current commitments must not slip so time management is key.
- Excellent MS office skills required along with a high level of IT literacy.
- Professional conduct in their actions and written correspondence at all times.
- Experience of SaaS based products and an appreciation of the technical infrastructure required to support them.
- Committed to providing high levels of customer service at all times.
- Has a high level of accuracy.
- Puts the Customer first, always.
- Willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity without being prompted.
- Embraces technology.
- Gets a real enjoyment from following, and coming up with new innovative, processes.
- Has a strong work ethic with a real desire to own an issue and see things through to the end.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!