IT Systems Administrator
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants, and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking for an experienced IT Systems Administrator who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We are going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The team you will join consists of cross-functional, specialist systems administrators who implement, monitor and support highly available IT Solutions over multiple sites. We currently have a hybrid environment and we are working towards a Cloud first strategy.
You’ll maintain our cloud solutions, as well as upgrade and manage our software & hardware in a hybrid environment. Delivering Zonal’s IT solutions to staff and customers and collaborating with in-house teams to improved and expand our solution.
Key skills we would like you to have are: –
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in a related field
- Proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience in administering and maintaining Azure cloud environments (IaaS and PaaS both)
- Experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage, and, networking as well as scripting experience (tools, process, methods, troubleshooting) and deployment concepts such as continuous integration.
- Orchestration experience
- SQL administration
- Backup administration
Who you are?
- Someone with a passion for technology and problem solving, excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment.
- A champion of best practices in security, performance, and monitoring
- Someone who works collaboratively, is organised, and has a safe pair of hands.
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessedare the values we believe make us the company we are. We are looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.