IT Business Systems Analyst
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants, and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We are looking for an experienced IT Business Systems Analyst who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We are going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The team you will join consists of cross-functional, specialist systems administrators who implement, monitor and support highly available IT Solutions over multiple sites.
You will work on Zonal’s systems applications, the big 3 being Dynamics CRM, Dynamics Nav and Ivanti Heat; maintaining, testing, and installing features to enhance business processes.
- Analyse usage, review, and document current functionality to determine, recommend areas of improvement and efficiency within the business functions.
- Respond to enhancement requests and the backlog of change requirements by maintaining a regular release cycle of improvements.
- Manage users and role-based permissions within the system.
- Maintain the UAT environments, testing new versions of the software.
- Support users within the system; Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving technical and operational issues; working with suppliers to resolve any tickets where necessary.
- Be the product and data expert, communicating to stakeholders what is (and is not) possible within the system, and using your knowledge of the data and schema to aid the teams with reporting to the business and our customers.
- Database, System, Performance and Archive administration, you will continually review database and user operation to ensure operational cohesion and product stability are maintained. You will work to ensure disaster recovery processes are up to date and to drive improvements to the platform according to best practices.
- Keep up to date with new product features, constantly searching for ways to improve and enhance the product to maximise its value to the business.
- Project Manage and implement the next iteration of product developments.
- Maintain a product roadmap, publishing upcoming projects and timescales to stakeholders.
Key skills we would like you to have are: –
- A University degree/college diploma in a related field, and 5+ years’ experience.
- Proven experience as a Business Systems Analyst or similar role
- Evidence of top-level management / ownership of a business-critical application, where you were involved in all lifecycle stages.
- Exposure to developing or working with API integrations (REST)
- Have worked with or in an IT / technology support environment, understanding ITIL processes and their application to support.
- 2-5 years’ experience administering ERP systems or Service management tools within finance, sales and service / operational teams.
- Demonstrate practical administration of MSSQL Server with SQL Querying at an intermediate level with knowledge of SSIS
- Reporting tools experience, Power BI, jet reports, crystal.
- Full UK Driving License
Who you are?
- Someone with a passion for technology and problem solving, excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment.
- A champion of best practices in security, performance, and monitoring
- Someone who works collaboratively, is organised, and has a safe pair of hands.
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism and Accountability are the values we believe make us the company we are. We are looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.