OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Installing, Configuring and Testing PC’s & Tills with operating systems and software. Configuring iOS & Android devices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dealing with hot staging requests from account managers and project services personnel.
- Communicating with internal staff on data, images, hot stage dates, stock/sales order, dispatch dates.
- Communicate with Account Managers, Sites and the project support department on hot staging plan.
- Performing hot staging process to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring full testing is undertaken and that the correct equipment is dispatched to customer sites.
- Continuously strive to improve the hot staging process. Outline and document all improvements.
- Document any bespoke customer requirements for the hot staging process.
- If required show a customer the hot stage process and perform testing with the customer.
- Comply with the requirements of Health and Safety policies and work procedures
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Exposure to PCs: experience of installing and navigating Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of networks: understanding of IP Addresses, linking PC and tills to network and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to plan work effectively and work to tight timescales both individually and within teams.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Practical experience in configuring Operating systems.
- Knowledge of POS Systems and the ability to test them.
- Experience in the hospitality or retail industry as an implementer, help centre analyst, engineer /senior engineer or similar.
- Knowledge of SQL
The role is based at the manufacturing department at Livingston. The role involves daily interaction with other company departments, suppliers and all Zonal associate companies.
Hours of work are; 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.