Head of FP&A
Reporting to: Finance Director
Location: Edinburgh / Stafford
Employment type: Full Time, Permanent
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
Lead a team responsible for the delivery of financial planning, forecasting and analysis across the business. The role will have overall ownership of the budgeting and forecasting cycles, including reporting and communication to leadership teams. The role will involve significant liaison across the Zonal group including Edinburgh Office, Comtrex, HLS and other subsidiaries.
Responsibilities will involve: –
- Driving the business in delivering its operational and financial targets;
- Responsible for end-to-end budget process, from gathering inputs, to reviewing and getting buy-in from senior management to final submission.
- Responsible for quarterly forecast compilation, review with senior management and finance and submission.
- Establish relationships across the group to ensure that the individual needs of all departments are fully understood and managed into the function.
- Preparation of the monthly financial review pack.
- Implement process and procedure & systems changes for the group;
- Responsible for developing comprehensive financial models.
- Maintain an accurate, up to date of overview of Risks and Opportunities;
- Providing commercial decision support.
- Direct and deliver the timely execution of monthly reporting deliverables (Statements, KPIs, working capital, OPEX, variance analysis).
- Responsible for analysing all business, industry and competitor trends.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of pricing and cost models.
- Setting up, nurture and develop a good quality FP&A team and talent pipeline for the group.
- Participate fully as a senior member of the finance team and that finance is actively involved in running the business.
- Lead the business performance and planning committee.
Who you are
- Qualified Accountant.
- Strong Commercial Finance / FP&A background.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic business.
- Ability to interact at C-Suite level.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Experience of leading the commercial finance and senior stakeholders.
- General management mindset; desire to grow professionally as the business grows.
- The ability to adapt to a pressured, fast paced and agile environment.
- Outstanding ability to communicate data-driven insights through charts and visuals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Motivated to achieve strict deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency with Excel and financial modelling.
- The confidence to justify and implement change.
- Good understanding with accounting IT packages and systems.
- Team worker, motivator, work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Self-starter attitude.
Standard office hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessedare the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.