Group Marketing Director
The Zonal group are the UK’s largest technology provider to the hospitality industry, employing over 530 people and with annual revenues of over £54M. The group has grown its turnover 500% through organic growth and acquisition over the past 8 years and has an exciting and realistic growth expectation for the future. Our products are currently used by over 15,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the country and our short term plans include the launch of a number of exciting new solutions into new hospitality sectors. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoon and John Lewis.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include:
- Mobile and web apps for ordering and digital menu management
- Long sales cycle, complex EPoS/ERP solutions for multiple site operators
- SaaS solutions for B2C consumer engagement e.g. loyalty, gift cards, vouchers, campaign management, SCV, Digital payment or reservations
- SaaS, self-service tablet EPoS solution sold and marketed to very small independent business via a self-service business model
- Short sales cycle / telesales channel for Hotel Property Management
By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking to appoint a highly experienced Group Marketing Director to spearhead the group’s marketing strategies, lead our marketing departments and oversee all of the marketing activity across our multi-faceted, diverse range of business units. You will be comfortable in creating, communicating and executing complex marketing campaigns as well as delivering on ideas, campaigns and managing resources. Leading a small team, you will also need to be hands-on to deliver an outstanding brand image addressing the range of brand values for each respective marketing.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly into the CEO you will hold ultimate responsibility for the organisation’s marketing activities and oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the UK business. You will be key to assisting the business in establishing new products into existing and new sectors.
- Development and implementation of the Brand Strategy
- Developing the marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing and PR
- Working closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with the right tools, materials and presentations
- Guiding the day to day activities of the marketing team
- Lead and opportunity generation
- Optimisation of the companies web content and search rankings
- Market, consumer, competitor and customer research
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organisation
- Own and be responsible for the marketing budget
Who you are
- Ideally you will have at least 10 years’ experience within a complex B2B marketing department/organisation with an understanding of B2C marketing
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
- Confident, driven and a dynamic leader
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Experience in the hospitality sector would be very much advantageous but not essential
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, able to instil passion and energy into peers, seniors and direct reports
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience