Graduate IT Desktop Support
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The IT department provides a service to Zonal and its group of companies and we are based at our head office in Edinburgh. Our core hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, although it is not unusual for some work to be completed “out of hours” and weekends. The Team runs an on-call rota for out of hours support, covering weekdays and weekends.
You’ll monitor, maintain and administer the User’s desktop environment, as well as triage work for the network and system administrators.
Your Main Role Responsibilities
- Installs, Supports and Maintains Hardware & Software.
- Perform Daily checks on systems and solutions.
- Maintaining a Microsoft Active Directory domain environment.
- Assist users with IT issues where necessary.
- Document procedures
- Look to automate manual tasks using MS orchestration, MS system Centre and Intune.
- Attends the company’s premises in the event of an equipment breakdown.
- Tests equipment identifies faults and where possible carries out repairs on site.
- Refers more complex faults back to the manufacturer for repair.
- Keep all software used legal, licensed and recorded.
Who you are
- Someone with a passion for technology and problem solving, excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- Friendly attitude always willing to help
- Someone who works collaboratively, is organised, and has a safe pair of hands
- Quick to spot opportunities and improvements
- Someone who understands and responds to staff needs and exceeds expectations where possible.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience We Look For
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge in all or some of the following
- Windows 10
- MS Office
- Remote support
- MS Active directory
- Managing Antivirus for 100+ machines
- VMware virtual environments
- Good Documenting ability
- HNC+ educated or Relevant professional certification
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation,Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.