Full Stack Developer
Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We offer remote working within the UK.
We also reward our staff well with very competitive salaries, generous holiday allocation and well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
You’ll be working in the iOrder team, who look after the engine that drives the integrations, apps and websites used to order & pay at table by many hospitality venues across the UK.
You’ll be part of an exciting journey helping to modernise the hospitality industry by working on the latest features and improvements for these applications.
We want you to feel a sense of pride when you see the work you do having a direct positive impact in this industry.
Your day will be split between writing new features, improving existing code, code reviews and story estimation. We believe in making things better and are always open to new ideas that can help the team work better.
Working within an agile delivery team, you will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects.
You will participate in the technical design, development, and maintenance of our environments.
You will also ensure quality by writing unit tests and performing code reviews.
Responsibilities will involve: –
As a member of a cross functionalteam,you will help and shape the software products within our Book and Serve area.You will be a fully hands on member of theScrumteamandwill participate in all aspects of delivering software projectsfrom design to maintenance.
Your key responsibilities will involve: -
- You will enjoy a fast-paced development environment and writing good quality code is important to you.
- You will have had extensive experience writing complex applications in at least one OO programming language but you will enjoy learning new technologies and be happy to sometimes work on code written in a language you haven’t used before.
- You will have experience with API development and be at home writing SQL queries and stored procedures and designing new database schemas.
- You will have time to help out your colleagues and not be afraid to ask them for help sometimes.
- You will enjoy mentoring the more junior members of the team watching them grow and improve.
- You will be keen to bring suggestions for improvements to ensure the team continues to produce industry-leading tools and technologies.
Who you are
You will be able to demonstrate experience if the following areas:
- Experience writing web applications in one or more of the following
- PHP, C#
- Experience writing and consuming Web APIs
- Experience writing unit tests
- Knowledge and experience using Git workflows
- SQL experience, including writing stored procedures and functions and the ability to design new schemas
- Client-side language experience
We would like you to have an interest in and may be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Deploying Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Message Queueing software such as RabbitMQ
- Coldfusion development
- TDD and BDD
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!