Reporting to: Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
To support the Finance Department in maintaining records, producing reports and operating efficient financial controls. The main area of responsibility will be Accounts Payable and Expense processing.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Purchase Ledger – matching invoices to purchase orders, coding invoices, inputting invoices into NAV system, handling supplier queries and supplier statement reconciliation, processing payment runs (BACS), month end processes
- Staff expenses – support for processing of staff expenses on a weekly basis, ensuring compliance with policy and all legal and audit requirements.
- Bank & Cash – Control payment of petty cash, pay out petty cash payments, and maintain records, monthly reconciliations, input bank transactions to system daily, reconciliations, daily reporting of balances
- Other finance duties – Preparation of a small number of sales invoices according to company procedures and systems as and when required, Preparing certain month end journals with support from the Financial Accountant, Assisting with ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as required to support the team as a whole
Who you are
- Ideally you will have 2 years minimum working in a finance office environment
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of implementing and following procedures
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Customer service experience – you understand and respond to customer needs
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to analyse information appropriately in order to find best solutions
- Commercial and organisational focus
- Commitment to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!