OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To assist with the reporting and control of all bookkeeping, accounting and financial functions for Zonal’s subsidiaries
- Responsibility for Purchasing, Sales, Credit Control and Banking
- Support during month end closing
- Monthly KPI reviews, reports and analysis
- Ownership of expenses and timesheets portal
- Support office management, develop local supplier relations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – FINANCE TASKS
- Processing purchase invoices within Navision
- Handling first line purchase ledger queries and supplier relationships
- Submitting payment runs for approval to Finance Manager
- Collection of credit card Receipts and monthly reconciliation of credit card
- Posting of sales invoices, credit notes and other billing within Navision
- Handling first line sales ledger queries and customer relationships
- Raising sales order documentation, working with Zonal account and project managers
- Providing support for sales updates and reports to management
- Monthly statement run for customers
- Ensure debtors are pursued for any overdue outstanding invoices.
- Documentation of all correspondence
- Credit checks on new customers
- Provide cash flow update to management
- Banking of cheques received
- Process daily banking statements in Navision
Staff Expenses and Timesheets
- Process expenses in line with Zonal expenses policy
- Ownership of staff changes within Navision
- To support in training new starters in Stafford with the expense system
- Ad hoc projects as required by Senior Finance Manager
- Ad hoc projects as required by Zonal Marketing Tech management team
- Office Management
- Support Office Manager as and when required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a finance office environment.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of implementing and following procedures.
- Numerate, with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Navision Financials
- Microsoft Office
- Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
- Location: Stafford