The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
Your role will be to assist the engineering department to carry out daily tasks in accordance with the SLA agreement with clients.
The Engineer Services Department consists of the Service Engineering, Repair Centre, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse teams, all reporting to the Director of Technical Services and ultimately reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
The scheduling team hours of work are basedon a shift rota from 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday.
This role will be temporarily home based working however, from August we do aim for office working. Please only apply if you can commute to our Edinburgh office daily.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with Account Managers about the requirement of Service Engineers.
- Scheduling Service Engineers daily work.
- Dispatch, monitor and close service calls to Service Engineers.
- Co-ordinate Service Engineer daily activities.
- Monitor engineers and ensure daily productivity is maximised
- Proactively manage local SLA and engineering escalations
- SLA reporting & trend analysis
- Report all absences to Regional/Service/Admin Managers
- Ensure accurate and timely engineer van stock movements
- Organise spare parts to go to Service Engineers for service calls.
Skills knowledge & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administration role
- Exceptional organisational skills; able to plan and schedule workload of group of field-based engineers and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to liaise with and co-ordinate activities of a group of field-based engineers via phone, email and text.
- PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves