The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The Sales Consultant will be a crucial part of the new sales process, acting as the product expert in sales presentations and delivering demonstrations. Having an in-depth understanding of all aspects of functionality in LiveRES, along with hands-on knowledge of the hospitality business, you will act as an advisor on new projects.
You will also be a valuable resource for both colleagues and clients, identifying and implementing the best possible solution with respect to each client’s unique requirements. The Sales Consultant will also take responsibility for new LiveRES implementations and projects for existing customers.
You will work with the Sales Director to formulate and implement the plan to sell, manage and support these new products across LiveRES/ Zonal teams.
To be considered suitable for this role you will need to have previous Hospitality sales experience.
You will also need to live within the Kent region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing long-term UK based customer relationships within hospitality industry companies.
- Utilising diverse forms of market research to generate new customer business.
- Translating leads into product sales, requiring a high degree of technical product knowledge and the ability to articulate this information to potential customers.
- Develop market awareness of LiveRES and the wider world of Zonal’s products and services via trade association and user group meetings.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends within the hospitality industry and how they affect and relate to Zonal product.
- Prepare realistic and detailed business proposals and tailored solutions for customers.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to customer requests and enquiries.
- Develop effective, constructive and collaborative relationships with all relevant company departments to develop future account strategies. Gain a solid understanding of Zonal’s total solution and how other departments interface with the customer.
- Utilize daily in all communication Zonal’s CRM system to record activity and progress against goals and objectives.
- Strive to achieve or exceed given monthly sales targets as directed by Line Manager
- Delivery against agreed quarterly sales targets.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to translate technical product features into customer benefits.
- Assured and confident in meeting and building relationships with entrepreneurs, senior directors, and IT professionals.
- Experience of identifying decision-makers and building long-term, successful relationships.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Any other reasonable request as required.
Who you are
- Strong sales focus with a desire to win deals.
- High level of communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at various levels of the organisation
- Good awareness of hospitality industry trends
- Technical Product Knowledge
- Flexible attitude to daily tasks and willingness to tackle both large and small projects
- Degree qualified with at least 1 years’ experience of selling business application software to hospitality or similar industry.
- At least 3+ years of selling within the hospitality industry
- Operational or allied experience within the hospitality industry
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.