Function: Service Engineering
Reporting to: Service Admin Manager
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
To assist the engineering department carry out daily tasks in accordance with SLA agreement with our clients.
The Service Engineering Department consists of the Technical Support, Technical Consultancy, Repair Centre, Production, Warehouse and Service Engineer teams (reporting ultimately to the Operations Director).
Engineering Scheduler hours of work are based on a shift rota from 8am-5pm Monday to Sunday.
- Liaise with Account Managers about the requirement of Service Engineers.
- Scheduling Service Engineers daily work.
- Dispatch, monitor and close service calls to Service Engineers.
- Co-ordinate Service Engineer daily activities.
- Monitor engineers and ensure daily productivity is maximized
- Proactively manage local SLA and engineering escalations
- Report all absences to Engineering Manager
- Inform Maintenance Department of spare part requirements on behalf of engineers
- Organise spare parts to go to Service Engineers for service calls.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administration role.
- Exceptional organisational skills; able to plan and schedule workload of group of field-based engineers and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to liaise with and co-ordinate activities of a group of field-based engineers via phone, email and text.
- PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!