Director of Sales
Function: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Sales Director
Location: Field Based
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
To plan the sales strategy of the company alongside the Sales Director, manage the field sales team and implement the strategy in order to meet company targets for growth and profitability.
Duties & responsibilities will involve:-
- Work with the Sales Director to develop, implement, and manage the company’s sales strategy, both from a business, sales and technical perspective.
- Prepare accurate reporting and forecasting as required.
- Manage the performance of the field sales team.
- Negotiate contracts and provide necessary follow-up for customers; develop and present customer solutions ensuring products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provide information on all products, including new products, to customers.
Who you are
- Minimum of five years of sales management, within an IT solutions environment (preferably hospitality)
- Experience of approaching and building relationships at board level within blue chip organisations.
- Experience of setting up and running control procedures, achieving sales objectives and profitability targets
- Able to build key relationships internally at board level as well as with external customers
- Leadership; provides and communicates inspiration and clear direction for the team which is in line with the organisation’s goals, mission and values.
- Performance management; manages the performance of others fairly, clearly and regularly, encouraging and supporting the team to achieve high standards.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!