Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We offer remote working within the UK. We also reward our staff well with very competitive salaries, generous holiday allocation and well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
The makeup of our systems is changing rapidly, we need you to play a key part in helping us drive this forward. We are moving towards a modern DevOps landscape with technologies like Docker, IaC and microservices.
Initially we are working with our own hosted data centre infrastructure technology however you will play a key role in our drive towards a future hybrid public-cloud position.
You will combine your software and systems engineering expertise in tooling, configuration management, CI/CD pipelines and build operations to own multiple build platforms and environments behind our industry leading SaaS and distributed solutions.
You will work closely with engineering teams in Development and Platform Delivery (Networks, DBA, and Infrastructure) to deliver and continually improve build and release systems.
Responsibilities will involve
Building strong, collaborative relationships acting as the glue between in-house customer facing support and delivery teams, product management, and platform engineering (R&D) teams
- Play a key role in design, build and support of delivery pipelines into production and pre-production environments, ensuring consistency, predictability, repeatability, scalability, and auditability of all build and deploy processes.
- Create frameworks to develop and continually improve:
- Tooling, automation and technologies behind build operations and environments
- CI / CD pipelines, release processes and frameworks
- Robust and flexible build and delivery techniques to compliment development activities
- Bring expertise and a streetwise perspective to problem solving and reduction of complexity.
Who you are
You will have a background in software development or build and release engineering having spent at least some of your career as a member of a fast-paced product engineering, deployment and/or platform delivery team.
A champion of ‘automate everything, document everything’.
Ideally you will have experience of deploying to hybrid datacentre/cloud infrastructures.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience building, deploying, and maintaining production software.
- A self-starter with a passion for technology and problem solving, with excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience of automated build systems, CI/CD methodologies and technologies such as Azure Devops, Terraform and Octopus Deploy
- Solid experience in scripting, tooling, automation, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks, within Azure environments a bonus
- Comfortable in both Windows and Linux administration, scripting in PowerShell and Bash, knowledge of relational and NOSQL databases a plus
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies, continually improving processes and deployment models.