The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there! We’re serious about innovation, service and delivery but we also know how to have fun along the way!
What you’ll do
You will be part of one of Zonal’s R&D teams working on market leading technology solutions for the UK’s biggest hospitality companies. The team you will be a part of will be cross functional, comprising of Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts. You will be a fully hands on member of the team.
Who you are
- Experience of researching, selecting and implementing new technologies
- Experience of having implemented new processes and ways of working to embed DevOps in an organisation
- Experience in implementing infrastructure and pipeline tooling to support CI/CD processes
- Experience on working with monitoring and performance management
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Experience with agile methodologies and working across multiple Scrum teams
- Experience of working with SaaS based products
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging capabilities
- Good knowledge of scripting shell and command languages
- Experience of RESTful APIs and JSON
- Working knowledge of modern DevOps concepts or technologies like containerisation
- To be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- To be able to integrate quickly into multiple teams and help build a culture of trust
- To have the ability to mentor and train other team members
- To have an open minded attitude and be able to adapt change in a fast paced environment
- Team Foundation Server
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Service Fabric
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.