Zonal Marketing Technologies is a digital agency, and part of the Zonal group. Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK’s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry. We work with brands like PizzaExpress, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One on everything from apps, order & pay, digital vouchers and loyalty to online bookings and table management. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
Our talented studio team create amazing web sites, build dynamic, engaging e-mail templates, design cool ‘stuff’ and code some pretty slick toolsets for some of the biggest brand names in hospitality. It’s fast-paced and tactical one day and more considered and strategic the next. It’s not dull and it’s never boring and if you’re all about broadening your experience then this is the place for you to grow your core skills mix. In terms of technology, we embrace the best of the past with the newest of the new and throw in some quick-win frameworks that Google has to offer.
Even with all these solutions to hand, it’s still all about the difference YOU can make, with a truly proactive, can-do attitude. We encourage new ideas mixed with tried and tested solutions – then the agency team’s creativity and problem-solving skills give our clients a stage on which their brands can perform. We are a diverse bunch of people with a common set of values – great design, quality execution, cutting-edge integrated solutions, and a customer-first attitude. And, as a team we support each other with a smile on our faces and a true sense of achievement in what we do.
Developer Skillset Required Skills
ColdFusion (Campaigns Plus, Single Customer View, Voucher API)
- Intermediate to Expert Knowledge
- Alternatively – An exposure to and willingness to learn
Framework – Experience with ColdBox
- Unit Tests
Experience with writing Unit Tests for most development
Automated Tests (Not Required – Desirable)
Experience with writing automated scripts
Experience with extremely complex Databases
MSSQL (Single Customer View [Future rewrites, Company Alignment])
- Operationally Responsible
- Works to ensure their development works in the most efficient way
- Source Control
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with GIT flow best practices
- Experience with deploying to multiple environments
- An interest in Automated and Continuous deployment methods
- Agile Methodology – an interest in Agile practises. Willing to work fast and is not bothered by late inclusions to the development lifecycle.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Demonstrable ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of the wider team.