The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you’ll do
The team you’ll join consists of cross-functional, specialist systems administrators who design and deliver highly available SaaS and hosting services over multiple sites.
You’ll be responsible for: –
- Monitoring, owning and resolving BAU related incidents and requests
- Triage and response to service-related reports and notifications
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Operational automation
- Technical architecture of Microsoft SQL Server data platforms, across multiple sites
- Maintenance frameworks
Essential experience: –
- 4 years’ experience administering highly available Microsoft SQL Server platforms
- Demonstrable scripting and automation ability with T-SQL and PowerShell
- TSQL/Index performance tuning and optimisation, both natively and with tools
- Monitoring and alerting, both natively and via tools
- Production experience with High Availability / Disaster Recovery technologies, DR testing
- Best practice of implementing and maintaining highly virtualised SQL Instances on Windows, within a VMware ESX environment
- Influencing change, working autonomously, at the same time collaboratively with the wider team
- Degree educated or relevant professional certification
- Solid communication and documentation skills
Desirable experience: –
- Production experience with cross-DC SQL 2016 or higher Availability Groups
- Administration, integration or migration experience with other data platforms – Azure SQL, Cosmos, Mongo, MySQL
- Exposure to SentryONE, Redgate SQL Monitor and DBA toolbelt
Who you are:
- Someone with a passion for technology and problem solving, at times under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- A champion of best practices in security, performance, and monitoring
- Someone who works collaboratively, is organised, and has a safe pair of hands
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.