Data Bureau Administrator
Are you our missing ingredient?
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants, and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
- We offer flexible & remote working within the UK.
- Generous holiday allocation + Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- We reward our staff well with competitive salaries
- We give back to staff with our company profit share scheme
- Well-structured career development plans.
What you’ll do
The Data Bureau Administrator role is based within the Project Services Team. The demanding nature of this role will require flexibility in working hours.
You will assist in the development of the Company Data Bureau Service, ensuring all new customer systems are designed and implemented to the Company standard.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of the various Zonal systems.
- Ensuring new customer projects are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Co-ordinating all areas of data in preparation for input.
- Liaising with all members of the Project Services and Account Services teams to ensure customer projects are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Continuous monitoring of Data Bureau requests liaising with the Data Bureau Manager where required.
- Act on all customer and internal queries and requests once received and to ensure that these are dealt with effectively.
- Understanding customer business requirements and applying policies and procedures to the database structure.
- Constructing such databases accurately and efficiently with appreciation of time frames involved
- Establishing and updating procedures for the Bureau Service including SLAs for data changes, documentation processes, charges and invoicing.
- Advising on best practices for achieving maximum system benefits in respect of data set up and operational configurations.
- Assisting in customer validation of database set up and configuration.
- Ensuring Zonal knowledge and skills are kept up to date with on-going technology.
- Establishing effective, constructive and collaborative relationships with other company departments.
- Assisting with tasks out with job description when required / as appropriate.
- You’ll have previous experience within a hospitality environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of liquor and food products.
- Previous database entry experience with particular emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible in your approach to working hours
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Analyses information appropriately to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- You’ll be committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude, and ensuring quality is built into work.
- Knowledge of and experience of working in an Epos environment within the hospitality industry.
- Understanding of stock control processes
We are going on an exciting journey and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!