Reporting to: Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Tanfield, Edinburgh
Employment type: 3-6 month fixed term contract
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you’ll do
This is an initial 3-6 month fixed term contract to help support our existing Credit Control function.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Contact debtors through calls, emails or letters to notify them of outstanding invoice
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix terms and conditions for payment of receivables
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt
- Ensure cash and debtor targets are met
- Evaluate the credit status of clients to identify debtors and credit level
- Assist customers in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic debt repayment
- Handle internal issues and ensure timely payment to creditors
- Conduct business operations in compliance with standard policies and regulations
- Maintain proper records of client accounts and purchasing activities
- Monitor payment history to identify changes in reparation and take necessary actions
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of debtor ledger accounts
- Recommendations and advice on queries regarding accounts receivable
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback
- Commence legal action against debtors in event of halted payment
- Propose irrecoverable debts to be written off or they may employ strategies to recover receivables in cases of debtor bankruptcy
- Oversee the forwarding of monthly statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities
- Involvement in Projects as and when required
Who you are
- Minimum of 2 years working in a credit control environment.
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills.
- Experience of implementing and following procedures.
- Numerate, with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills – able to communicate to internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
Standard office hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.