Reporting to: Credit Control Team Lead
Location: Hybrid – working time will be split between our Edinburgh office at Tanfield and home
Employment type: This role will be offered on an initial 6 month fixed term contract
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
This is an initial 6 month fixed term contract to help support our existing Credit Control function.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Contact debtors through calls, emails or letters to notify them of outstanding invoice.
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix terms and conditions for payment of receivables.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt.
- Ensure cash and debtor targets are met.
- Evaluate the credit status of clients to identify debtors and credit level.
- Assist customers in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic debt repayment.
- Conduct business operations in compliance with standard policies and regulations.
- Maintain proper records of client accounts and purchasing activities.
- Monitor payment history to identify changes in reparation and take necessary actions.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of debtor ledger accounts.
- Recommendations and advice on queries regarding accounts receivable.
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback.
- Commence legal action against debtors in event of halted payment.
- Propose irrecoverable debts to be written off or they may employ strategies to recover receivables in cases of debtor bankruptcy.
- Forwarding of monthly statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities.
- Involvement in Projects as and when required.
Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsession are the values that make us the company we are. We’re looking for someone who understands and values great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you’ve booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out’s app, you will likely have used a Zonal product. Our biggest clients include Greene King, Mitchells & Butlers, JD Wetherspoon and the Stonegate Group.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. Headquartered in Edinburgh, Zonal operates across five other UK locations; Abingdon, Livingston, Horley, Stafford and Cardiff. We also operate in the US with offices in Florida, Georgia and New Jersey.
Location: Edinburgh with Flexibility to WFH when required (travel will be required)
Benefits package: Competitive package depending on experience