Credit Control Team Leader
The Zonal group are one of the UK’s largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Greene King, Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal’s EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers’ behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
What you’ll do
Responsibility of the credit control function within the Zonal group including Edinburgh Office and HLS.
Responsibilities will involve:-
- Monitor, manage, mentor and support a credit control team.
- Handling escalated queries and claims
- Contact debtors through calls, emails or letters to notify them of outstanding invoice.
- Reviewing and setting-up accounts.
- Maintaining ledgers through reviews, reconciliations and minimising debtors..
- Month end reporting and debtor reports.
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix terms and conditions for payment of receivables.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt.
- Suggest and ensure monthly cash and debtor targets are met.
- Evaluate the credit status of clients to identify debtors and credit level.
- Assist customers in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic debt repayment.
- Handle internal issues and ensure timely payment to creditors.
- Conduct business operations in compliance with standard policies and regulations.
- Maintain proper records of client accounts and purchasing activities.
- Monitor payment history to identify changes in reparation and take necessary actions.
- Recommendations and advice on queries regarding accounts receivable.
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback.
- Approve and commence legal action against debtors in event of halted payment.
- Propose irrecoverable debts to be written off or they may employ strategies to recover receivables in cases of debtor bankruptcy.
- Forwarding of monthly statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities.
- Involvement in Projects as and when required.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years working in a credit control environment.
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills.
- Experience of implementing and following procedures.
- Numerate, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills – able to communicate to internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.